Author Topic: Iola, Wi. car and swap meet  (Read 3970 times)

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Iola, Wi. car and swap meet
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:36:39 AM »
This Thursday is the start of 4 days of fun in the sun! Iola car and swap meet starts. Weather is suppose to be in the mid 70's all weekend. Heading up with the wife and another couple. Friend is looking for a 57 ford ragtop. 1500 cars for sale in the corral and over 4500 vendors. This will be the first decent road trip ( about 220 miles) in the 67 since I have had the engine and tranny rebuilt. Looking forward to it.

Do you think I can find a cover for my flexplate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I'll let you know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: Iola, Wi. car and swap meet
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »
Well we made it to Iola and back without no problems at all in the 67. Ran like a top the whole time. That is a major relief!!!!!! Now some good news and some bad. First the bad, like the Spring show in Waukesha, Wi. not a whole lot of good parts to be found. When you did find them, the prices were off the wall!!!!!!!!!! I did not find a cover for my flywheel(powerglide) again,,,,,,,,, did not even see that many in the first place. I did buy a 67 closed element air cleaner for a 4 barrel 350 !!!! Really good shape, going to have the top chromed and repaint the bottom. No major dents or nicks. Guy had it sitting in his garage for 20 years!!!!!!!! He had rebuilt his 67 as a drag car and had no use for it. Just sat there. Lot of cars for sale in all price ranges the show was based on "
Everything Coming up 7's" So the featured cars were anything that ended in "7" yet saw a lot of other years also. A great mix of all cars and styles. A really nice 58 Chevy Impala ragtop was in the offering. Black on black,,,,,,,,,, only $80K and it was yours. All in all a good time was had by all.

Stillwater Camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »
Have you tried messaging a regular flywheel cover to fit your 11" flywheel ?? I have a correct cover on mine and a standard and the differance is very little in depth. 1/4 to 3/8 inch. I have seen others use a hammer and dolly to work the bottom down enough to clear.  Just a thought.
1967 Camaro SS/RS 350
1966 Chevelle SS 396
1970 Chevelle SS 396

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »
Stillwater:

I am going to try first a hardened gasket about 1/4" thick to try and make it fit, if that doesn't work, and oldtimer( look is calling the kettle blacke here!) told me to make a sandbox about 18"x18"x6" deep, fill it with sand and using just what you suggested try and massage the metal. laying the cover in the sand while pounding on it helps to stretch the metal without leaving as many unwanted marks.

Thanks for the input!

Dave

anything