Author Topic: Help with this AM radio  (Read 4977 times)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
Help with this AM radio
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »
Below is a radio with the service model number 91APB1 which I make out to be a 1969 Chevolet Push button radio for Tempest, Chevelle, Camaro, ChevyII, Acadian..it has a green face plate...I have two questions
1) did I get the application correct?
2) is the extra wiring and the "knob" wiring for a fader?  Was this availabel in Camaro?
thanks in advance

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Help with this AM radio
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »
Flowjoe,

1) did I get the application correct? I agree
2) is the extra wiring and the "knob" wiring for a fader?  Yes Was this availabel in Camaro? Yes

I'm not up on the 69 radios, but post a picture of the front and someone will tell you if it really is a Camaro radio.

Ed

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
The application code and fader are correct for a '69 Camaro U63 AM radio; the fader control was added at the assembly plant when the U80 rear speaker option was specified - you'll see it all in the U80 section in the assembly manual.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:16:39 PM »
Thanks guys.

Here is a photo of the front..I have it in my computer becasue it was damaged during shipping..so it is not a full frontal image

Anyone know where I can get a replacement face plate?  How about the bent shaft..trying to figure out if this one is worth bring back or whether it would be cheaper to get a different radio.

What is an AM radio with U80 worth?

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
The bent shaft can be bent back. USE CAUTION and go slow or it will break. The AM RADIO LENS is available from Ricks.

Not sure how much it's worth, but you might check the ebay "completed" auctions.

Ed

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »
This came from Ebay...$25 which is cheaper than others I have seen...but if it costs too much to repair the damage it might not be worth it, if you follow my logic.

I'll check Rick's site

anything