Author Topic: MYSTERY WIRES  (Read 5352 times)

420GOAT

• View Profile
MYSTERY WIRES
« on: June 18, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
hello people,...... i was removing wires hacked in by the p.o. and i found two brown wires and one had a white stripe.....these are in the dash harnessand are are cut off,  and i could not track them....also are not in my diagram.....any help is appreciated.....maybe i was tired, or celebrating father's day really good. thanks people.  :P
I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
Re: MYSTERY WIRES
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:02:45 AM »
Sounds like the brown wire should be 16ga and the brown wire with the white tracer should be 24ga and go to the ignition switch. From my schematic it all ties in with the parking lights, marker and taillights, for the brown wires feed juice to those lights once out of the underdash harness. Do your parking lights work okay? Oddly enough, I'm putting the dash wiring back in my '68 right now, and going through the same thing. Good luck!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

420GOAT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »
actually have not gotten  that far. the car is still in assembly. im gonna double check my manual again but in my book i saw no indication of what they're for.........thanks for input. also the wires going to the ignition are called for....but ill triple check.

420GOAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:13:36 PM »
When i checked my manual i saw that these wires ran to the flasher? if they do run to the switch which wire? ill check again but i dont recall them going to the switch.....i 've been wrong before so tell me what's up.........thanks for any help in advance.