Author Topic: 1969 z-11 casting numbers  (Read 9453 times)

SPROSTY

• View Profile
1969 z-11 casting numbers
« on: December 22, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »
HELLO EVERYBODY, I AM NEW TO CHEVROLET REALM I AM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.. I HAVE FOUND A WEALTH OF INFO ON THE CRG WEBSITE SO I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK FOR SOME ADDITIONAL HELP IN THIS FORUM.. I JUST PURCHASED A 1969 Z-11 THAT HAS SAT IN A BARN FOR 30 PLUS YEARS ALL THE PARTS HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH SOME EXTRA STUFF..  THE CAR IS A L-48 WITH A TURBO 350 AND A 12 BOLT, NO AIR, PS AND PB.  I AM WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS INFO ON THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLD CASTING NUMBERS AND THE DISTRIBUTOR CASTING NUMBERS..  THE CARS BUILD DATE IS 02D  ENGINE NUMBERS ARE TO220HB  ENGINE CAST IS 3932388 SO FAR ALL THE DRIVETRAIN HAS CHECKED OUT TO MATCH..  ALSO THE CAR HAS 2 LARGE CANS MOUNTED ON EITHER SIDE IN THE TRUNK  THE ARE TOWARDS THE REAR UNDER THE TOPS OF EACH QUARTER PANEL THE ARE MOUNTED WITH WHAT APPEAR TO BE FACTORY BRACKETS SPOT WELDED TO THE TRUNK FLOOR THEY LOOK LIKE LARGE VACUUM CANS???  THEY DO NOT APPER TO BE AFTERMARKET.  THE PREVIUOS OWNER PURCHASED THIS CAR IN 1973 AND PARKED IT IN 1975  HE DID NOT REMEMBER WHATTHESE CANS ARE FOR..  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.  THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP..  I AM SURE I WILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS  AS I SHOULD BE PICKING THE CAR UP ON MONDAY THE 26TH..   :)

DeanZ10

• View Profile
Re: 1969 z-11 casting numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:05:30 AM »
I had an O2D pacer that I sold a couple years ago. It also had the T0220 HB with the 388 block.  I am keeping a data base of Z11s and Z10s I have about 200 so far. I would appreciate it if you can tell me more about your car and the Vin#. You can email me directly if you wish at 69ssrsz11@charter.net.

Thanks

The canisters are actually weights. There is one located in each corner of the car to help with the stability and handling for convertible cars.
I wil have to look up the manifolds as it has been awhile and my current car is a big block.

GHZone1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:20:35 AM »
The "Cans" are called "shakers" or "cocktail shakers".  They help stiffen the body on convertibles as the roof is missing.

Intake Casting #3927184
Distributor #1111489
Exhaust #???

Chevrolet by the numbers is an excilent reference, by Alan Colvin
Good luck

ps. please no cap locks.

SPROSTY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 01:46:37 AM »
Hi Wow You guys are fast thanks for the info.  Cocktail shakers  for handling i never would have guessed that...
Thanks for the numbers the intake checks good  i will check on the distributor maybe tomorrow. any ideas on the wheel codes???

GHZone1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 02:04:18 AM »
Wheel Codes:  I think there are a few possibilities.  XT, YJ, YA but I would guess YJ and that is what are on mine.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:34:05 PM »
The "Cans" are called "shakers" or "cocktail shakers".  They help stiffen the body on convertibles as the roof is missing.

More to the point, they are vibration dampers - they don't stiffen the body, but they dampen torsional vibrations that occur as a result of the convertible's reduced body stiffness; you'll find two more in front, behind the headlights, and a bolted-on "X-brace" across the bottom of the transmission tunnel, used only on convertibles, that adds back some of the lost body stiffness.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG