CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 07:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105743 Posts in 12343 Topics by 4756 Members
Latest Member: russ69
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  Engine restoration and improve performance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Engine restoration and improve performance  (Read 6431 times)
emanuelK
Member
***
Posts: 58


View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 10:11:23 PM »

It is stamped on the end. Perhaps there shall be another marking to look for??
Logged
JohnZ
CRG Member
*****
Posts: 4125


View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »

Most aftermarket cams are stamped on the ends; original GM cams have a raised casting number and other raised casting symbols cast into the shaft between the lobes, with no stampings on the ends.
Logged

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
emanuelK
Member
***
Posts: 58


View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »

Engine is up and running. I started to break in the new cam and noticed the response to thrust is much different (better) than before. So far so good. The vaccuum is also much higher, I can tell by using the power brake at idle. I drove the car up to 60-70 mph and the performance is absolutly better. I still waiting for my new headers to arrive and expect some more can be done.

Unfortunatly I have problems with my starter - se topic under maintainance.

Thanks all for you're support. /Emanuel
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.