Author Topic: FIRST GEN BBC SBC Heater box and firewall differences  (Read 3666 times)

69CONVRAT

• View Profile
FIRST GEN BBC SBC Heater box and firewall differences
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:43:49 AM »
Is the firewall made different from a small block car to a big block car? I know the heater box is different, but are the holes still there with a rubber gasket covering them when a BBC was installed from the factory, or where they never punched out or drilled?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: FIRST GEN BBC SBC Heater box and firewall differences
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »
They all used the same firewall - there was no difference between BB and SB panels. BB cars used a black foam seal on the inside between the heater box and the firewall to cover the SB hole for the core pipes.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

69CONVRAT

• View Profile
Re: FIRST GEN BBC SBC Heater box and firewall differences
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »
Thanks for the info, that's what I thought but you know how how everyone has different knowledge about the first gen Camaros. I have a 375/396 SS conv and someone asked me about the firewall making me wonder. It has a CE block but all the other date codes are right and the car is unrestored with the aluminum heads and intake still on it. I think it is real, but it's hard to really know for sure. It has the correct code 12 bolt and five leaf springs, discs etc. The firewall thing had me starting to wonder though. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!