CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 08:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97527 Posts in 11718 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  z-28 hood stripes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: z-28 hood stripes  (Read 3374 times)
dab67

67 SS

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:40:18 AM »

What colors were available for the stripes on a 69 z-28? I thought I saw somewhere that there was only white and black for the Z's and also Orange for the Pace cars. What about any special order colors? Saw a 69 z that was Maroon/ Black Vinyl roof with dark grey stripes. Supposely original. Any thoughts CRG?

Dave
tom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:53:13 AM »

There were also listed for 69 Red stripes (red cars only). My understanding is you could special order any GM color, but it would have the special -- paint code. If I'm wrong, I will e corrected here.

Tom

69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speedo
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:36:43 PM »

I've never seen any Z with anything other than white or black stripes.

If you look at the burgundy color info, the red stripe is for SS only.

Kurt S
CRG
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

I have seen a burgundy '69 Z with red stripes and the guy had pictures of the car from brand new. Have heard of a black '68 Z with gold stripes and original paint (had P-O-P also) but did not actually get to see the car in person. In my opinion, special paint could include special stripe color.

-Jon

Jon Mello
CRG
jdv69z

69 RS Z/28 Red/White Vinyl; 1of 1??

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:44:23 PM »

I have seen  a magazine article on the 69 Z burgundy with red stripes maybe 10-15 years ago? Might still have the magazine. I'll give it a look see. Can't remember too much, but as I recall, I was convinced at the time it was real. Maybe it had full owner history, I do not recall. Didn't find the combination really appealing, almost too unusual to be anything but authentic??

Jimmy V.

Jimmy V.
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »

I've heard of burgundy Z's with red stripes, but I've not seen proof.

I have seen an original paint burgundy Z with white stripes, still all original. That's proof. Smiley

It's possible that special Z stripe colors could have been ordered. Not possible on an SS though.

A good question for Jim M or JohnZ.

Kurt S
CRG
Jerry@CHP
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »

I have only seen photos of a burgundy Z28 with red stripes but never an original car in person.  I suspect that if a customer wanted something like this, the selling dealer would have done it, not the factory.  I worked at a Chevrolet dealer during the early 1970s and they would do anything to sell a car............dealers have body shops too.  That's my personal opinion.

Jerry
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »

So it looks like we've all seen them. I'm confident they're real and I suspect we'll turn up some proof eventually.

-Jon

Jon Mello
CRG
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 11:22:12 PM »

A few years back, I did email back and forth with a guy who said he was the original owner of a burgundy Z with red stripes. I asked for any early pics but never heard back from him on that topic.

BTW, 69 SS couldn't have special order stripe colors because part of the stripe was a decal.....

Kurt S
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: