Author Topic: '68 console shifter detent  (Read 3061 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
  • almost finished
    • View Profile
'68 console shifter detent
« on: June 09, 2007, 02:48:24 AM »
Does anyone know of the company that makes an NHRA-legal replacement detent that provides a positive reverse lockout for the '68 horseshoe shifter? I've seen these things in the past but can't remember who made (or makes) them. I want to use the console and shifter, but don't want to get kicked off the track when some overzealous, officious tech geek decides my car isn't legal because of the lack of a lockout. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys.
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior


  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 258
    • View Profile
Re: '68 console shifter detent
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:55:34 PM »
dosen't it have that from the factory, you have to squeze the staple to get to reverse.