Author Topic: Building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq  (Read 5620 times)

4birdman

• View Profile
Building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »
Just thought I'd stop in here since I've heard this is a great place for 1st gen Camaros. I am currently working on building a 69 Camaro for my brother-in-law who is currently deployed to Baghdad, Iraq.

We have gotten donations and parts from people and businesses all over the country, it is really coming together as a cool project to support an American Serviceman. We are currently trying to find the car, but since it is donation based, we are having a heck of a time. A 69 would be ideal, but a 67 or 68 will do as well. The condition does not really matter because the body work and paint have been donated, as well as a lot of the other parts. We've got a few lines on some cars, but they are always out of our price range.

The car will have a late-model 5.3L donated by Strictly Performance and built by Handcrafted Racing, backed by a 4L60E donated by me and a wiring harness donated by Painless.

Interior will be mostly stock with a rollcage donated by G-Machines Racing and replacement parts donated by POR-15, NPD, and TA Specialties.

It will be an amazing car, provided we can find one. If you know of anyone that might have one, or might be willing to help with the project, or even might want to donate some spare change to the project, please let me know.

The project website is PatriotDream.org and we will be updating it as parts arrive, donations come in, and hopefully a car is found.

So I'll be hanging around here a lot. I'm a Trans Am guy, Camaros are a new beast to me!

420GOAT

• View Profile
Re: Building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »
hey birdman....maybe a 70's chevelle or nova.....maybe a 70's camaro.....but a first gen 69 Camaro is one of the hardest cars to come by even with deep pockets.......but maybe someone will be able to help you out........find it in their heart.......but a Muscle car does not have to be a 69.........ever considered a late 70-early 80's Camaro.....baddass especially for nothing.......lots of good luck and send your bro-in-law my best wishes and tell him i said thank you for putting his life on the line.
I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »
I'm a Trans Am guy, Camaros are a new beast to me!

Birdman -

Be careful!  Once you start working on, driving and racing first generation Camaros you'll be a Camaro guy!  Next thing you know, the Trans Am will be on Ebay.   ;D

Paul  

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »
There is a reason behind a 69 Camaro. His mother passed away a few years ago after his sister was murdered.  :( His mom used to own a 69 Camaro when he was a kid and he always said he wanted to have a car like his mom's old one.

I wish he would be into other musclecars, I could have a 2nd gen TA waiting for him right now with all connections I have in that field.

And Paul, I have Trans Am in my blood, I don't think the Camaro could get through my skin without being rejected.  ;D

Ron C.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:35 PM »
check if this car is still available, 69 camaro no engine or trans 4,000.00 203-650-2019 good luck!
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 05:34:26 AM »
And Paul, I have Trans Am in my blood, I don't think the Camaro could get through my skin without being rejected.  ;D

4birdman -

Time for a transfusion!  I recommend blood type O, I mean MO!   ;D

Paul

anything