Author Topic: Hot Rod Power Tour 2007  (Read 9843 times)

WMCC AL

• WMCC Membership Coordinator
    • View Profile
Hot Rod Power Tour 2007
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:49:22 AM »
I am taking my '68 on the HRPT for the Long Haul this year, along with several Western Michigan Camaro Club members and was wondering if anyone from this forum will be going along.  Stops are in Cleveland, OH -  Kalamazoo, MI  - Racine,WI - Evansville,IN - Springfiled, IL. -  Memphis, TN, and ends in Little Rock, AR
WMCC - Membership Coordinator

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Rod Power Tour 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:55:46 AM »
Waht date and where does this start? Racine is close to home

Dave

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
I signed up , have my confirmation but one of my kids is graduating from school this Friday and then I have the Wine Country Classic at Sears Point/Infineon that I am racing in this weekend so unfortunaltey I will not be able to go . Was really looking forward to it ... but there is always next year :) Have a great time.
1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

WMCC AL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Check out their website at: http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »
Thanks I take a look at it.

Dave

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 12:30:03 AM »
 Dave the tour is coming this monday to racine. It is going to be down by the lake front. The route is taking them off  I94 right down Hwy 11 right past my shop. I have a few friends coming over to the shop with there cars and we are going to watch the cars come in then head downtown after. You are more them welcome to come by and watch with us. Bring your car.

For any of the other CRG members stop by on your way through. My shop is 2.3 miles east of I94 on Hwy 11 go over the railroad tracks and take a left. I'm right next to the railroad tracks. You'll see my camaros plus a few other old cars parked out front. I'll have plenty of cold drinks and some snack food. And if you are having any troubles the shop is open for power tour cars only that day.

Mike

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:38:31 AM »
Mike:

Thanks for the invite. I get home from work (Chicago) around 4:00. I'm thinking that is going to be a little late to see any of the cars. i would think they would be packing up and heading to their hotels or motels for the night. But I'll see what is going on when I get home.

Dave

WMCC AL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
I leaving home for Cleveland in about 50 minutes! Wahoo!

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 12:04:39 AM »
That's a long shag from OR.  Wish I could make it though.
68Z28

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:32 PM »
Just a little update on the tour. Alot of the cars are in Racine, Wisc. It has been raining for most of the day in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. I work in Northern Illinios about 20 miles from downtown Chicago. On the way home (Wisconsin) from work (Tollway) traffic was really backed up from the rain. Saw a couple cars off the side of the road, one had the rear drivers side wheel of. A volkswagen with the the nubmer 53 (Herbie!!!!!) was pulled off with the car. The car that had the wheel off looked like a 40's Ford, not real sure, traffic was backed up because of gappers!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shame the weather could not cooperated with these people. They had to be following the rain all the way around the Lake and up to Racine. It is suppose to rain most of the night and into tomorrow. Hopefully when they get farther south toward Springfield the weather will clear.
Wish all of you involved, a safe and peaceful journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

WMCC AL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »
Dave the tour is coming this monday to racine. It is going to be down by the lake front. The route is taking them off  I94 right down Hwy 11 right past my shop. I have a few friends coming over to the shop with there cars and we are going to watch the cars come in then head downtown after. You are more them welcome to come by and watch with us. Bring your car.

For any of the other CRG members stop by on your way through. My shop is 2.3 miles east of I94 on Hwy 11 go over the railroad tracks and take a left. I'm right next to the railroad tracks. You'll see my camaros plus a few other old cars parked out front. I'll have plenty of cold drinks and some snack food. And if you are having any troubles the shop is open for power tour cars only that day.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I think I may have passed your shop but we were late getting to the Venue, was there a white first gen out in front?  Would have been great to meet you.

Al

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:41:33 AM »

Hey Mike,

I think I may have passed your shop but we were late getting to the Venue, was there a white first gen out in front?  Would have been great to meet you.

Al

Yes that was the wifes 67 RSSS convertible. My 67 was up on the hoist most of the day. I replaced the trans that has been going out for three years.
  What time did you go pass? At one point the lot was almost full of cars. There were three 67s two 68s two 69 camaros and a bunch of old cars that didn't matter because they were not camaros.  :)

Mike

WMCC AL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »
There were several cars in your lot. (Camaros and others) We got in line to get into the venue at about 5pm and then took about an hour to get in.  The weather cleared up right when we got there.  We had an awesome time and my '68 ran flawlessly for 3k miles.  The HRPT it is an awesome experience, I have done three years in a row and hope to never miss one in the future.

anything