CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 07:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105718 Posts in 12341 Topics by 4754 Members
Latest Member: Jake
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  brake problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: brake problem  (Read 1395 times)
copo69

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »

I've got a problem with my '69 brakes pulling to the passenger side. I thought it was the left caliper piston sticking but when I pulled the caliper and compressed,the piston then stepped on the brake pedal to push it out. Worked it in and out a few times this way and put back together but the car still pulls to the right when brakes are applied. Rotor rotates easier on left side than on the right after brakes are applied and released. Could left caliper be bad? The car is a trailer queen and gets driven very little. All parts were brand new when restored 10 years ago. Calipers were rebuilt and sleeved with stainless and have always used silicone fluid. Thanks
camaromikey

sevenzander82
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:53:46 PM »

replace the hose. the hose rots from the inside out and sucks shut when pressure is released so the next time you step on the brakes it pulls just like if a caliper is stuck.
Wallace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »

Replacement of old hoses is always a good idea.  I would also check the surface of the disk pads for galze or oil contamination, and if present a light sanding will produce a better surface.

Wallace
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: