Author Topic: originality or no rust, which is more important?  (Read 4120 times)

onlytherich68

• View Profile
originality or no rust, which is more important?
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »
When admiring or buying a first generation Camaro, which is more important; originality of the car (matching numbers, paperwork, factory options still in place, oldmarkings and stickers) or the condition of the vehicle(body work done, new seats, upgraded rearend, new engine).
Just curious. I personally enjoy an original car with matching numbers and such. Just curious about opinions....

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: originality or no rust, which is more important?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »
Originality!

Paul

bbd564

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:04:58 PM »
I have no interest at all in rusted cars.  Unless the car is very rare and expensive I have to believe trying to properly restore a rusted/damaged car with good quality (GM) sheetmetal is going to be a financial loser. 

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »
I would say numbers matching taking into consideration how much rust there is and other restoration factors  like interior, engine work etc.If it needs major metal work, floors, doors trunk roof, qtrs and fenders then I would consider all the costs involved and weigh that against if I am keeping it or trying to make a buck off of it. Somewhere along the line, the cost factor has to be considered no matter what, unless of course you just won the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dave

anything