Author Topic: Polishing window glass?  (Read 7233 times)

Old Man

• View Profile
Polishing window glass?
« on: May 26, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »
My 69 has several areas on the glass where it looks like they were hit with a buffer and it left scratches in the glass which just makes me crazy when I see it. Is there anyway to polish the scratches out of the glass. TIA

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Polishing window glass?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:18:52 PM »
If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, chances are slim to none that they can be polished out.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

zdld17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:01:59 AM »
There is a compound called Rhoadite,  it's a powder that is mixed with water to form a paste .  Eastwood said it would polish glass that had scratches that could not catch your finger nail.    I had no luck with this.   Use caution when doing this as the process heats up the glass considerably.     Use even more caution in handling this powder,  it cause beathing problems and is damaging to your lungs.   
Don Dabbs

Old Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:42:47 AM »
I guess I'll either have to learn to live with it or put new glass in it.

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
You might check your insurance coverage.  If there is damage to your glass wihch impairs vision it should be covered.  At any rate, there is nothing like new glass to see through, and it will give your car a nice face lift.

Wallace

Old Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:38:26 AM »
You might check your insurance coverage.  If there is damage to your glass wihch impairs vision it should be covered.  At any rate, there is nothing like new glass to see through, and it will give your car a nice face lift.

Wallace

The scratches are not in an area that would impair the drivers vision, they just don't look good and they bug me. For the most part the rest of the car is clean.