Author Topic: brake problem  (Read 4291 times)

copo69

• View Profile
brake problem
« on: May 29, 2007, 03:29:51 AM »
I've got a problem with my '69 brakes pulling to the passenger side. I thought it was the left caliper piston sticking but when I pulled the caliper and compressed,the piston then stepped on the brake pedal to push it out. Worked it in and out a few times this way and put back together but the car still pulls to the right when brakes are applied. Rotor rotates easier on left side than on the right after brakes are applied and released. Could left caliper be bad? The car is a trailer queen and gets driven very little. All parts were brand new when restored 10 years ago. Calipers were rebuilt and sleeved with stainless and have always used silicone fluid. Thanks

camaromikey

• View Profile
Re: brake problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 03:53:46 AM »
replace the hose. the hose rots from the inside out and sucks shut when pressure is released so the next time you step on the brakes it pulls just like if a caliper is stuck.

Wallace

• View Profile
Re: brake problem
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
Replacement of old hoses is always a good idea.  I would also check the surface of the disk pads for galze or oil contamination, and if present a light sanding will produce a better surface.

Wallace