Author Topic: Show chrome plating Legends Judging  (Read 1137 times)

ALLZS

• View Profile
Re: Show chrome plating Legends Judging
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2024, 01:18:13 PM »
all of the original stainless was polished not chrome plated and the original  bumpers and rear guards  where done by aih chrome plating they only do the show chrome i thought the car needed the bright work to stand out

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2024, 02:14:53 PM »
all of the original stainless was polished not chrome plated and the original  bumpers and rear guards  where done by aih chrome plating they only do the show chrome i thought the car needed the bright work to stand out

Your stainless guy does some of the best polishing I've seen, compared to the other 69 that was being judged - side by side the stainless on your car was far superior.

Stillwater Camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2024, 10:47:00 PM »
all of the original stainless was polished not chrome plated and the original  bumpers and rear guards  where done by aih chrome plating they only do the show chrome i thought the car needed the bright work to stand out.
A Cortez Silver, '69 Z/28 hardly needs extra bright chrome to stand out LOL. I doubt many of the dozens of people flocking around it even noticed the bumpers as exceptional. I thought you were going to need to run people over to get it lined up with the lift for the underside inspection.
1967 Camaro SS/RS 350
1966 Chevelle SS 396
1970 Chevelle SS 396

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 02:54:58 AM »
Your stainless guy does some of the best polishing I've seen, compared to the other 69 that was being judged - side by side the stainless on your car was far superior.
There's no question, the stainless will polish much brighter than factory. But it will oxidize over time (might not be a problem on a show car) and isn't the factory finish.
Kurt S
CRG

anything