Author Topic: New correct-ish exhaust  (Read 382 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
New correct-ish exhaust
« on: January 29, 2024, 05:37:19 AM »
So Jim over at .Net steered me towards Waldron exhaust. He sent them his original so they had a template. 68 Chevy II is the same as 67-8 Camaro. 10 weeks later it’s on, but I need some clarification about the muffler. Originally was the outlet in the middle or top of the muffler? The right hangs low, so I’m certain the outlet should be in the middle. I used all the correct clamps and it took Enrique just over 1 hour. Plus the support brace is now back on after….we’ll it was in the trunk when I got the car. The replacement exhaust pipe sat too low so the support couldn’t be installed. Any pictures or help is appreciated. The AIM and parts book are generic.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: New correct-ish exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 05:42:16 AM »
I’ll give them a jingle and see what they have to say. I was adamant no air tools on installation and Enrique send electric and didn’t hammer anything on.

Her68His69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 03:17:16 PM »
I took some pictures of my wife’s 68 convertible. Inlet is on the bottom and outlet is on the top on hers.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 08:16:34 PM »
Thanks Hers...is this muffler the original? If so, can you upload some pictures of the hangars on both sides?

Her68His69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 02:48:33 AM »
Exhaust could be original. We’ve had the car since 2006 and haven’t done anything to it. Hope these pictures are helpful. If not, I can do more.

Her68His69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 02:54:26 AM »
Can’t seem to post more than one picture at a time. Like I said on .net, I think we need a new exhaust system. What muffler did you go with?

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 04:46:31 AM »
More pictures always help. If you need new, Waldrons is the only company making the correct head pipe. I’m waiting to hear from them about the muffler outlet. The over the axle pipe and tailpipe fit quite well.