Author Topic: Barrett Jackson  (Read 1956 times)

schlepcar

• View Profile
Re: Barrett Jackson
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2024, 05:33:52 PM »
Yikes! I didn’t even catch the repo trim tag. That is wild to be in that much on a car that as you said is suspect at best. I get that people get caught up in the lights and sounds of the auctions or maybe they just don’t care that it’s not real. But for that amount of money I’d think you would care that it is real. Must be tough having that much money to burn.

I have been to a few and I have to agree that the moment may bring more than it maybe should. It is almost impossible to tell what a car is or isn't with the camera unless you are already familiar with the vehicle. I have also seen cars that are not perfect but far more correct bring more because they are what they are. It seems with all the parts available that we may see more people just building them again. For the money that pieces and parts is bringing you can justify paying someone to build a repop car. i have never had a problem with a project done nicely,but if it does not have most its original stature...its just a story. I like original stuff probably more than most,but could you justify buying one car for the price of ten because it used to be a rare original? There are certainly bragging rights associated with some of these cars but some days it is the buyer and some days the seller. There is not much doubt that selling a ZL-1 at any price is probably the last time you will own it. That is a very interesting camaro.