Author Topic: 69 Z28 LOS?  (Read 2636 times)

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Re: 69 Z28 LOS?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2024, 01:44:43 PM »
All, I've purchased a lot of the Z items years ago when I was planning to purchase the vehicle from my uncle prior to his passing. I've already have a period correct 302 DZ block, carb, intake, manifolds, M21 trans, and a lot of engine pieces parts to make it like it was when it came off the assembly line. It is not the exact engine from the car but period correct. I have the AD wheels that came with the car so just trying to piece together if it really was a Z to confirm what I have is a Z. It won't change my plans to continue to put things in as they should be and I am still missing a few pieces (e.g. rear axle probably), maybe the alternator and some other smaller items to make look like it came from the factory.
What's the date on the AD wheels? What condition is the car in? How about some pics of the car? Good luck with your project!
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2024, 04:12:54 PM »
obllique lighting can help ID shallow objects on a flat surface.

All the lighting in the world won't make a Z/28 code appear on that tag. 10D perhaps.

wdwisser

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2024, 08:52:22 PM »
All, I've purchased a lot of the Z items years ago when I was planning to purchase the vehicle from my uncle prior to his passing. I've already have a period correct 302 DZ block, carb, intake, manifolds, M21 trans, and a lot of engine pieces parts to make it like it was when it came off the assembly line. It is not the exact engine from the car but period correct. I have the AD wheels that came with the car so just trying to piece together if it really was a Z to confirm what I have is a Z. It won't change my plans to continue to put things in as they should be and I am still missing a few pieces (e.g. rear axle probably), maybe the alternator and some other smaller items to make look like it came from the factory.
What's the date on the AD wheels? What condition is the car in? How about some pics of the car? Good luck with your project!

The car is put away for the winter so I will need to wait to pull the trim ring off to pull dates. I will post some pictures after downloading them from the phone. Car is in good condition with modifications done when it was a drag car that need to be un-done.