Author Topic: Assessing value of this car.  (Read 3159 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: Assessing value of this car.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2024, 04:18:29 AM »
Yes indeed. Keep your political opinion out of my hobby and off my forum. Stay classy folks.

hpaddict

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2024, 12:54:45 AM »
I completely support Bryon on this one. I also was going to edit out that comment.
This forum has maintained a civil tone for literally decades. This is due to members refraining from posting inflammatory comments. It's not uncommon for forums to ban one or two people a month. Just look at facebook to see where we could be. It's been years since we've needed to ban someone.

> I would like to review what other forms of speech are prohibited on this site.
Rich wrote this in a forum post almost 20 years ago and it addresses your concerns concisely.
"....please be aware that this is not a democratic forum (in the dictionary sense of the word).  You have no inherent right to post here - you post at the whim and discretion of the CRG....."

We moderate with a very light touch IMO, but we do moderate.

Kurt
CRG Coordinator

There is a trade off.  Facebook is worth billions.  Your site probably needs donations to survive.  Its all about how you handle things.   

That said I do appreciate the hard work put in to the documentation of the Camaros.  You do a good job at that.   I may even return to help out the site w/a donation.   Take it easy for now. 
2002 LS3 Z06 145mph in 9.6 secs.
Next Car and still looking for... 1969 SS/RS 396 TH400 12 Bolt, A/C

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2024, 02:57:35 AM »
Facebook may be worth billions, but this site is literally priceless with help and information not available anywhere else.

DuWayne Ladner

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2024, 07:37:59 PM »
Just want to add a kudo to David K! Kinda wish CRG would have been around in the early 70’s as I would not have had any problems finding for sure the all important paper work I need to know for sure what I have in my 69’ SS L78. 50+ years owned. CRG and the Forums is the best thing I’ve come across in my recent restoration of my car. Thanks.

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2024, 11:38:14 PM »
Just want to add a kudo to David K! Kinda wish CRG would have been around in the early 70’s as I would not have had any problems finding for sure the all important paper work I need to know for sure what I have in my 69’ SS L78. 50+ years owned. CRG and the Forums is the best thing I’ve come across in my recent restoration of my car. Thanks.

Actually in the 70's Chevrolet had all the documentation, but no one wanted it. Then they threw it away.

I wish I would have bought $1 of bitcoin when it was introduced. Just one dollars' worth, and you could have all the Camaro's you wanted today.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2024, 01:06:44 AM »
Al had not yet invented the internet in the '70's.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2024, 06:45:43 PM »
That said I do appreciate the hard work put in to the documentation of the Camaros.  You do a good job at that.   I may even return to help out the site w/a donation.   Take it easy for now. 
My post was to explain why we moderate like we do. Hopefully you'll stay around and continue to participate in the discussions. :)
Kurt S
CRG

X66

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2024, 09:07:14 PM »
This Camaro is a Z in my opinion because that is how it was built at the factory. A Z28. I would love to own this Camaro because it is a Z. I would drop a 302 in it if I had it. If I didn't I would drop in a big block. Either way I would drive and enjoy it. Of course I would love to own an original Z if I could but I still consider this one a Z28

schlepcar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2024, 03:32:13 AM »
Yes it is probably a Z and worth what a non numbers Z is worth. The same way a SS chevelle is worth more than a 307 Malibu. I like to see people getting what their stuff is worth if and when they decide to sell it. Saying that Bitcoin was, is, or will be a good idea is more of a political statement than the one that got deleted. I think it is very difficult to have a conversation about what anything is worth in a capitalistic society without being a little light hearted about it. I also understand the whole silliness of being offended by two party system jokes so I can see why moderators try to keep the peace. I was thinking about selling my car this year, but after seeing what some things like Bitcoin are supposedly worth I like to keep a closer eye on things I enjoy. The laws of physics don’t seem to apply to certain tangible goods the way they apply to Monopoly money. We even hear things like “The guy who wants that car died 20 years ago”. Is there any truth to that? Maybe…but I was not alive in 1934 and I can say for sure that a real steel Henry Ford 1934 flathead Ford 3-window coupe is nothing remotely affordable to me at this point in time. That does not mean I wouldn’t want one…be careful what you sell because prices go up and up.

FRANKTHECRANK

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2024, 06:11:15 PM »
This Camaro is a Z in my opinion because that is how it was built at the factory. A Z28. I would love to own this Camaro because it is a Z. I would drop a 302 in it if I had it. If I didn't I would drop in a big block. Either way I would drive and enjoy it. Of course I would love to own an original Z if I could but I still consider this one a Z28

I agree, as I stated in post #24.

anything