Author Topic: Radio restoration  (Read 2614 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: Radio restoration
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 01:02:06 AM »
So after said trip to Classic Industries on Saturday to return some unused leftover project parts and pick up some new parts (radio harness/tuner knobs/etc), then headed east to see Joe and pickup my repaired radio. He was very thoughtful and thorough in explaining everything again and we bench tested everything. He even showed me the Bluetooth device for a specific FM frequency. Plug it in the cigarette lighter and now you have GPS/XM or hands free talking on the old 68. For1967 technology, it was pretty loud. Anyway, the fader worked as we knew and he guaranteed his work for 2 years. Super nice guy who didn’t attempt to upswell my anything. He just asked what I wanted in the end-which was I wanted it work like new. Then he cutout cardboard protective covers for the speakers and bubble wrapped them so they don’t get damaged during transit home. Next is the install. Cost-a few hundred less than what others wanted for a lot more parts. His link below. Tell him David from San Diego sent you.

https://jvrestorations.com/

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: Radio restoration
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2024, 01:03:04 AM »
More

anything