Author Topic: Canadian Camaro  (Read 788 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Canadian Camaro
« on: October 08, 2023, 06:47:14 PM »
This person claims CRG has a report on his car stating his 69 was shipped to Canada new without a motor or tranny.
https://www.camaros.net/threads/closed-to-all.489667/page-3#post-1783385334
The thread is not closed. The OP in question wrote that title, and he keeps changing the title many times to add to confusion.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 07:31:30 PM by Sauron327 »

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
Re: Canadian Camaro
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 10:46:49 PM »
This person claims CRG has a report on his car stating his 69 was shipped to Canada new without a motor or tranny.
https://www.camaros.net/threads/closed-to-all.489667/page-3#post-1783385334
The thread is not closed. The OP in question wrote that title, and he keeps changing the title many times to add to confusion.

It's just an unstable person talking about a CRG report on foreign production. Thread will get deleted soon, as the person he is arguing with is a long term moderator.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 11:37:53 PM »
His claim in post #48: "Look yes the body was built in Norwood but it had no engine and trans on arrival. Many camaros had final assembly done in Canada. Why this occurred I do not know."
He claims a CRG member can substantiate this, not the foreign production report. I doubt John will delete the thread.

Vega$69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 02:56:56 PM »
His claim in post #48: "Look yes the body was built in Norwood but it had no engine and trans on arrival. Many camaros had final assembly done in Canada. Why this occurred I do not know."
He claims a CRG member can substantiate this, not the foreign production report. I doubt John will delete the thread.

You are correct. I most likely will not delete the thread, but will edit as necessary, and will bend over backwards not to Ban the member. I try hard to get people to come around rather than unilaterally just kicking them out. Sort of a 1st amendment thing with me.

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 03:28:40 PM »
Thanks John.

Drama.

What part does he not understand about that no 1969 Camaros were assembled in Canada?

Now I personally don't know a lot about them, but could he be talking about a body-in-white?
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Vega$69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 08:33:25 PM »
My guess is, based on his stated recent discovery that the engine VIN does not match the car he bought, he got conned when he bought it and is reluctant to face the truth.

Other than that I have no idea why he persists and why he gets so angry at those that are really just trying to help him figure things out.

This is a Quote from his topic on the Camaro Forum.

"Given my Vin Numbers and engine codes did not match, the previous owner sold it to us here in the USA.
I now have a larger headache and I was aware something like this would happen and never doubted the guy. Yeesh I don't know what's worse, getting smacked by my wife with the papers we purchased or getting called a Lamo by a few here...."

Vega$69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 11:15:23 AM »
Update. He was banned by another moderator.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2023, 12:35:14 PM »
I read it, painfully. It appears he has comprehension issues and may not be able to interpret data well.
He eventually states in #66 that "FYI. 1st Gen Camaros were imported to Canada but NEVER built in Canada." which is correct, finally.
John, you have more patience than I do!
Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG