Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

AM/FM Radio's and Tape players

<< < (4/7) > >>

Mark:

--- Quote from: tmodel66 on December 31, 2009, 08:57:24 PM ---My car has the one speaker in the rear. I was told this is RPO U 80. Front speaker only in dash. No speakers in kick panels. Which radio would I need?
Thanks  for any help

--- End quote ---

Either a mono Am radio, or a mono AM/FM radio.  If your antenna mast is original, if its one peice then it was an AM/FM originally, if its a 3 peice sectional mast then it was an AM originally.  Rear antenna means AM radio originally.

tmodel66:
Thanks alot Mark.   It is original solid mast front fender mount.  So I need to hunt me an AM/FM mono. Could you give me a little information as to what numbers to look for? What I can use to ID the right one.

Mark:
The AM/FM mono is model number 91BFP1.  It has the angled finned heat exchanger on the back of it.

Theres at least one on Ebay now, its already at 200 bucks with 8 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-Chevy-AM-FM-Radio-Camaro-Chevelle-Nova-Impala-91BFP1_W0QQitemZ250556096982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a564ea1d6

tmodel66:
Thanks for  the information.  I appreciate all the help.

Daniel

william:

--- Quote from: montgomg on January 01, 2010, 02:01:03 AM ---I assumed the radio was stereo on the FM side and mono on the AM side.

--- End quote ---

One of the differences between the blue & yellow light units was in fact where "Stereo" appears. On the blue light it is molded into the lens. On the yellow it is printed only on the FM band.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page