Author Topic: 1968 Queue Jump ?  (Read 534 times)

Quickkiwi

• Out Living The Life
    • View Profile
1968 Queue Jump ?
« on: December 02, 2023, 04:01:32 AM »
Did my car jump the queue. I have a late build 68 with matching numbers from front to back (with the odd exception of replaced parts, alternator, master cylinder). All date codes are correct on everything that I can find, even the carpet! The only abnormality I can find is the # stamped on the cowl under the wiper panel is one digit out, it then has been altered. I have the protect-o-plate and this is correct to options, engine number and tags. Has this been seen before by anyone?

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 Queue Jump ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 04:23:37 AM »
It was a factory error, the VIN stamper didn't index correctly to the next digit.
The factory may have corrected it, but I think it more likely was done when someone was importing it. Easier to argue about a correction then an error. JMO.
Kurt S
CRG

Quickkiwi

• Out Living The Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 04:39:22 AM »
That would explain it. I would imagine it must have been changed at the factory as the car spent its life in America until 2 years ago and I purchased it off the importer to New Zealand.

Thank you.

boomer632

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 01:07:59 PM »
That would explain it. I would imagine it must have been changed at the factory as the car spent its life in America until 2 years ago and I purchased it off the importer to New Zealand.

Thank you.

Might that be the reason for the difference in font size on the 70?
69 SS NOR 06A 711 57 57 X66 L78 M22 BU