Author Topic: 69 conv baffles found after 15 yrs...w/pics..are they really needed?  (Read 4450 times)

Iluv69s

• View Profile
Im finally done moving my 'stuff' from one garage to another...now all my 'stuff' is everywhere in a different garage...One good thing came of the move..I did come across the AC baffles to my 69 vert after about 15 years being'lost' in my old garage.... my car is almost done so I have a few questions....are they really needed for the AC to work well? if so, can I still install them now that the car is all together?? and finally, what do you think they are worth if I decide not to use them on my car?

thanks CRG

Iluv69s

• View Profile
maybe someone can help post the pics...dont know how??  thanks

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
I believe they are more for helping keep your engine cool by directing air into the radiator.
I would put them back on if it was my car.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Take a look here:
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1726.0;all
Part of this thread talks about the 69 baffles.  It also says they are hard to find...
Jonesey is right.  The baffles help the car run cooler when you are "stressing" the cooling system and motor by running the AC on a hot day.
Ed posted the 68 AIM page on this.  I see no reason why you can't install them after the other work is done, but the smart thing to do would be to check your 69 AIM.

There are many more seals, etc. involved.  Does your car have those?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:57:13 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything