Author Topic: Temperature Gauge Increments  (Read 2471 times)

MO

• View Profile
Re: Temperature Gauge Increments
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 07:04:22 AM »
I don't know. That would seemingly make the warning and danger zones in excess of 300 degrees. I'd think they'd be more like 240-260.

DuWayne Ladner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2023, 04:38:23 PM »
I don’t know either MO, but that center mark I had plugged in my mind as 220 degrees, and Dave’s mark is 210. Close enough for me. And if you continued each increment at say 15 degrees, that puts the 3/4 mark at about 265 degrees and you could very well be correct at the yellow to red zone being in the 290 to 300 degrees. How about it Camaro family, help out this old fart, and maybe MO. GOD Bless.

DuWayne Ladner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2023, 04:53:57 PM »
Also wanted to share, my problem with my heating scenario is the heater core. Complete restoration with 3/4’s all new or repop items and put a 54 year old part in that has for sure bit my tail. Oh well you live to learn I guess. By the way, have not really come up with a way of really introducing my self, and car, still studying on that so’s I don’t take a whole chapter on CRG to do it, but here is a little pic on my “Jewel”, 51 years owned this past May 26 th. Is my 1st Car and also HS graduation day purchase. Also have met a new Camaro friend that has a Burnished Brown numbers match, ex-drag car, COPO, and a Dover White numbers match, ex drag car Z/28, and a CE cross rammed complete engine on the floor. God Bless.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2023, 06:11:35 PM »
Pretty car.  Tell us more about the car with photos.  I'd suggest a new thread to introduce yourself and add more photos.   ;)

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2023, 04:31:13 AM »
Great looking car Duwayne! Congrats on the lifelong ownership!

Delco115

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »
WOW !!! Simply beautiful but with a sinister vibe.

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2023, 03:31:11 PM »
NICE!!!!!!  That's is one cool ride!!!  Congrats!

DuWayne Ladner

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2023, 06:02:13 PM »
Thanks cook_dw, would love to but not yet able to do that, would have, lol, learn what a thread is. Just and ole’ Deep South, old fart, still learning the ways of navigation on CRG. DO have a history with car from purchase to taking it off the road in about 1986, you know, the scenario, marry, start a family, self contract home, school, collage, 3 children, marriage expenses of 3. Then semi retirement, and major health scare in 2019, Cancer. But was my start off, or my only son’s real concern of getting ole’ dad’s car re-born. Complete frame off started, Jan 20’ and finished Sept 22’, in of all years my 50th year of ownership. Yes just a brief history and lots, lots and lots of pics. Thank you sir, and others here for ya’s comments and support, God Bless.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2023, 06:34:13 PM »
If you need help you can email me the photos and I can start a thread for you.  Just an offer.

camarodata@gmail.com

GMAD_Van Nuys

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2023, 05:06:12 PM »
If you want to check the accuracy of your temperature gauge, you might hook-up a mechanical temperature gauge as they are inexpensive and you can remove it after testing.  I have used a mechanical oil pressure gauge to check the oil pressure on two of my cars.  You could also use an infrared thermometer gun to measure your engine temperature.  You have one nice Camaro! - Mark

anything