Author Topic: 69 Hood Louver Original Silver Paint Color  (Read 817 times)

Richard J

• View Profile
69 Hood Louver Original Silver Paint Color
« on: May 23, 2023, 12:34:37 PM »
I am in the process of restoring my original hood louvers on my 69 RS/SS and was hoping for some input. I have had them rechromed and just finished epoxy priming them in preparation for painting the black insert and the silver on the outside of the stacks. Does anyone know what
the correct silver paint would be to keep them original? I have heard it was the same as that used on the rally wheels but I can’t find anything to confirm that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: 69 Hood Louver Original Silver Paint Color
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:40:28 PM »
Most likely the same finish.  I've sold a NOS pair of louvers a few years ago and would agree Argent Silver (or fill in the blank on the name) but yes if I were restoring I would use the rally wheel paint.

Richard J

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 11:36:31 PM »
Thanks for the input. My originals had very little paint left on them, plus what was there was so faded it was hard to tell what true color they were.
Now to find the color code for Argent Silver paint.

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 04:03:00 AM »
Argent silver paint codes were listed in Reply #2 to the following CRG post: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=11006.0;all
68 NOR SS/RS L48/M35 Convertible
Cordovan Maroon - Special Paint Exterior (black stripes)
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.