Author Topic: 69 Convertible top lines and motor  (Read 957 times)

LeMansL34

• View Profile
69 Convertible top lines and motor
« on: March 21, 2023, 06:42:52 PM »
Hi there everyone - I couldn't find anything on this so sorry if I just missed it.

I am replacing the convertible top pump and lines in my 1969 Camaro and wondered if anyone had done this without removing the lift cylinders/top arms? I can't tell how to get the upper line disconnected and reconnected without at least removing the cylinder. Assuming I have to remove the cylinder....will I also have to take the whole top off to do that? Looks like 2 bolts holding it in so fingers crossed I can undo those and pull it out. Figured I'd check here first. Thanks!
1969 RS/SS Convertible - #s Matching 396/350hp and Auto Trans. LeMans Blue and White top over White Standard Int.

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: 69 Convertible top lines and motor
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:15:24 PM »
Yes, just two (really 3), the ram end that attaches to the top and the pivots on either side of the ram.  it's tight in there.  Do not take the ram bracket off the body support or else you will have to re-align the bracket.

LeMansL34

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 06:17:39 AM »
Thanks Kevin - spent all night swapping out the lines without pulling the lift cylinders only to confirm a leak in the upper cylinder fitting. Was a real PITA to get the old lines out and new ones in like that so disappointing result to say the least. Looks like I'll be pulling the cylinders out so appreciate the confirmation.
1969 RS/SS Convertible - #s Matching 396/350hp and Auto Trans. LeMans Blue and White top over White Standard Int.

LeMansL34

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 03:38:27 AM »
As of tonight the power top is working as she should! Now to finish off the rear quarter glass which…I feel like I’m in a mess with. We’ll see how it goes.

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »
Congrats!  Replacing rams and lines is a future project for me too.

anything