Author Topic: 04D 1967 Console Gauge harness connector location + ground  (Read 978 times)

jbtech

• View Profile
04D 1967 Console Gauge harness connector location + ground
« on: February 23, 2023, 02:18:49 AM »
For those with 67's and console gauges I need a little help.

Where does this console harness clip to the body? (see photo)

What is the general routing of the console harness?

And where is your harness grounded?

My harness was grounded to the dash reinforcement, not to the transmission tunnel illustrated in the AIM. When looking at the transmission tunnel, I don't see any evidence of a ground location that matches the aim.

Photos would be appreciated if possible.

Thank you!

Jose

Jose

67 Camaro L78
124377N212598

mgreenz

• View Profile
Re: 04D 1967 Console Gauge harness connector location + ground
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:40:14 AM »
Jose,

I’m sure you’ll get the information you need before I’m able to contribute but I can add another reference point to this thread around mid May. I believe that my 67 console gauges 01D Los car still retain virtually all of its original interior components and I’m happy to respond to these interior questions, or others, down the road. Cheers
___
Terry

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 02:52:21 PM »
Hi Jose,

My 67 05B NOR has the gauges and the harness connector gets plugged into a small hole that exists in the plastic air plenum that is attached to the metal heater box. The hole is about centered with the console so you should be able to feel around for it. The harness itself exits the console rear above the carpet.
  The ground wire does go on the dash reinforcement as you have observed. It should be the bottom hole (I think there are two holes in that reinforcement arm).  This ground point is the same for my 04B LOS too which has a console but no gauges.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

jbtech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 04:24:26 PM »
Hi Jose,

My 67 05B NOR has the gauges and the harness connector gets plugged into a small hole that exists in the plastic air plenum that is attached to the metal heater box. The hole is about centered with the console so you should be able to feel around for it. The harness itself exits the console rear above the carpet.
  The ground wire does go on the dash reinforcement as you have observed. It should be the bottom hole (I think there are two holes in that reinforcement arm).  This ground point is the same for my 04B LOS too which has a console but no gauges.

Mike

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you for your help.

Yes the ground was on the bottom hole as yours with a section of fried ground wire still attached.

Thank You!
Jose
Jose

67 Camaro L78
124377N212598