Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Searching for information about 67 Camaro raced in Europe

(1/4) > >>

psy4s:
My 67 has no paper trail. I bought it in Mainz Germany from a defunked race team Whos owner was moving to the US. I bought it January 28th 1986. The day the Challenger was lost. The story is that it worked as a race car from August 67 till just before I bought it but lay in disrepair till I saved it from the crusher. I will list some pictures of the modifications done to the car. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
The car is a 1968 L30M20 shipped to Germany through Rosenthal Chevrolet in Arlington VA. It was one of two cars the team owned.
 The modifications were in the brakes, suspension, dash, and of course a cage was installed. Some well thought out, some not so much.
The chassis (vin) number is 124377N238556, the other car was 124377N247353. The numbers are stamped on the German Import tag as well as two places mechanically stamped into the sub frame. On the right side.

psy4s:
Front Brake modification. The front calipers had the top retaining tab milled off, and holes drilled to pin the larger Corvette pads into the Camaro 4 piston calipers.

psy4s:
A metal patch was welded to both sides of the frame  in front of the A-frame.

psy4s:
The modification can clearly be seen here after the frame was reconditioned.

psy4s:
The rear drums were modified for cooling. The rear of the housing was cur and opened and a wing was added to pull air into the housing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page