Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Restoration

1967 rs ss

(1/4) > >>

shineon:
so i bought a 1967 rs ss out of Pennsylvania, one owner car with everything but the  protecta plate now I have it in my shop it was parked sense 1981 in a garage. they built a wall infant of the garage that had to be cut to get it out lady bought it from vanuys California after finishing  drove to Pennsylvania  practiced medicine parked it in 81 and there it sat. Rusted from the bottom up all very fixabal. So here is the problem I don't want any one to say this is not a SS I would like a credible  expert to look at it be for I start the restoration. the vin number on the block might be gone all post pics I will look tonight if the build sheet is under the back seat, has the 4p code all the SS badges, this car has not been tuched. so the question to this group is how do if I have an all original car that is rusted but everything is there make sure i don't mess up the history of it. In my mind I think if I could find a expert to look at it and say this is a rs ss with a true survivor before I start taking it apart. thanks for you help.

Mike S:
 Welcome to CRG! Judging from the photos you posted and the condition, I would say it is real. But, if you can post a close up picture of the trim tag on the firewall and the VIN stamped into the engine pad on the front right side, that would quickly tell. Also, check to see if there is a factory traction bar located on the rear differential housing on the right side. We can go from there.

Mike

fsc66:
That inspection page on the upper right usually has a stamp from the POP stamped in that top right box. See if you can make it out or post the information from the stamp

Paul

169INDY:
One of my strategies is to Take thousands of digi photos of everything as is and when I remove and restore it.
Photo documentation is an important tool of the story of a vehicle.

Welcome to the site, long road ahead. Cool FInd

bertfam:

--- Quote ---I don't want any one to say this is not a SS I would like a credible  expert to look at it be for I start the restoration.
--- End quote ---

Contact JERRY MACNEISH. He can certify it for you. He's notes in the Camaro world as THE expert!

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page