Author Topic: Help - trim on top of trunk divider/over well liner 1968 Camaro Convertible ?  (Read 1764 times)

SP4535

• View Profile
Hi all,  question - just installed a new convertible top and well liner on a 1968 Convertible RS/SS.
The shop that did the work said they think we are missing a trim piece that goes on top of the trunk divider and over the well liner that is glued to the top of the trunk divider.
I see holes on the top of the trunk divider - is there a trim piece that screws on and maybe clamps the well liner to the trunk divider ? - and if so what is it called ?
I have tried searching but not finding anything.
Any feedback much appreciated, thanks in advance.

SP4535

• View Profile
I might have confused the question - is there a trim molding on top to the trunk divider/rear seat brace frame on a 69 vert ?
I see the well liner caps over the trunk divider on top, there are holes in the top of the trunk divider as if maybe there is a trim piece that caps it off nicely or no  ?

Thanks for any guidance all !

Mike S

• View Profile
 If it is like '67, which the divider top has holes too, then the well cover is just glued to the divider.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

rare396bronze

• View Profile
I checked my 68 it has the holes also in the top of the divider to. My top has been replaced several times the last time they did not glue or screw it down. My queston is why you have screw hole's if not needed! I will try to check my books to see if can find if was screwed down or had a molding or glued. Looked at a buddy's 67 Firebird it was screwed down with no molding.

SP4535

• View Profile
Thanks Guys !
I agree it looks as if the holes are for a reason from the factory, maybe just for screws to secure the well liner to the top of the trunk divider.
The Top guy who did mine has been in business for 40yrs, he claims to have done these cars in the past and some had a molding as a finished top on the trunk divider.
My 68 is a true RS/SS with Deluxe interior which prompted me to wonder if there was a molding possibly .........

Petes L48

• View Profile
My 67 is just glued, can't tell if any holes on the top edge of the divider.  I have a fold down rear seat, the liner might extend far enough down to also be under the upper screws of the cardboard finisher panel. 

SP4535

• View Profile
Thanks for the feedback all, I'm off to finish.