Author Topic: Rust Remover  (Read 4292 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Rust Remover
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 03:53:19 PM »
Do not need Chicks bodywork advice. I've been doing this for decades. Most people on this site do not do custom paint, steel work or full blown restorations. Checkbook car owners. Sure.... This site a great data source but you guys have not been wrenching a car for years. My work is on the cover of magazines. Ban me.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 04:31:05 PM »
How heavy is that chip on your shoulder?

Chuck-68-Cam

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 08:28:42 PM »
Do not need Chicks bodywork advice. I've been doing this for decades. Most people on this site do not do custom paint, steel work or full blown restorations. Checkbook car owners. Sure.... This site a great data source but you guys have not been wrenching a car for years. My work is on the cover of magazines. Ban me.

ar·ro·gant...having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
Chuck

68 Camaro SST 350/TH400

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 09:32:57 PM »
I think this site is about a hobby.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2023, 12:26:35 PM »

C’mon Scott. Relax man. Every comment is not specifically directed at YOU!

Give yourself a break for a week and come back if you miss being here and helping others.

You may rule the roost at your shop, but others have experience and opinions too.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023, 04:00:42 PM »
I guess I am done offering data after being accused of being an arrogant POS. Pick up the phone. My number is plastered all over the web. LOL. Anybody here restore wiper motors? I do. Do you guys know how to use PEGz to accurately reproduce the lettering? I'd post pics but this site is horrible to copy and paste.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 04:31:17 PM by Sauron327 »

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2023, 11:00:30 PM »
Glad he’s outta here. Needs meds.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2023, 11:01:47 PM »
Scott,
This reply is why people aren’t interested in your knowledge or what you can offer. It’s just negativity nobody wants to read.

“Do not need Chicks bodywork advice. I've been doing this for decades. Most people on this site do not do custom paint, steel work or full blown restorations. Checkbook car owners. Sure.... This site a great data source but you guys have not been wrenching a car for years. My work is on the cover of magazines. Ban me.”

The Scott of today is all about himself and has the look at me and how smart I am attitude; and that’s not helpful to anyone here. You have no idea about anyones experience or knowledge except your own, and you fail to use it in a positive way.

Interestingly enough, I stumbled across a reply from you 5 years ago, and it was incredibly informing and helpful. I’m thinking-there’s no way this is the same guy. Sadly I was wrong.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2023, 08:58:39 PM »
I would think checkbook car owners would be his customers
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

JST69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
Thanks to all for the great feedback.  I ended up replacing the trunk floor with lots of help.  Photos attached of before and after.  There were some pretty big rust holes in one corner as well as around the filler neck area, decided it would be just as much work to try and repair them as to replace it.  I also read all the previous threads on spatter paint and I believe my original was gray/white so that is what I ordered. 

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2023, 08:36:47 PM »
Nice job on the trunk. Thumbs up. Love the criticism. I shall pass this along to my friend who builds cars from scratch and can't anymore due to a stroke. And my other friend who was a great paint and body guy who will drop dead next year before 60. You all have a great day.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2023, 08:41:35 PM »
Glad he’s outta here. Needs meds.
Have you ever spoken with me? Nope. Thanks for the evaluation. I'm not outta here by the way.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2023, 08:46:40 PM »
Damn man.  Ever consider talking to a therapist?  Just let it go..  If you would just ignore the negative and just try to go back to make relatable input you would be much better off or as Bryon mentioned..  Take some time off.  If you have already.  Take some more time off.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2023, 09:15:28 PM »
Damn man.  Ever consider talking to a therapist?  Just let it go..  If you would just ignore the negative and just try to go back to make relatable input you would be much better off or as Bryon mentioned..  Take some time off.  If you have already.  Take some more time off.
So saying a nice job on the trunk replacement was a bad thing and your opinion is I need a therapist? Thank you. I do not come here every hour so have no idea what people are saying about me everyday. That is why I say to people to use a a phone like a biz person. I do not read every post or reply.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2023, 01:05:47 AM »
No..  it was the other 95% of your post..  Look.  I don’t know you and I don’t care to but you have consistently shown that you are mostly disrespectful and not afraid to spout off about your 75 plus years of experience..  cool man.  Congrats..  All I’m saying is maybe help pay it forward in the hobby and not slamming someone for being a newbie or just wanting to learn.  If you just wanna be an asshole then just go away.  But I’m gonna take my own advice and let it go and move on and just go back to ignoring your comments and posts…. Dueces.