Author Topic: curved neck 4 core radiator question  (Read 3098 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: curved neck 4 core radiator question
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 12:28:35 AM »
I get it and your statement is contradictory within two sentences. I'll send you a set of tanks and let me k\now how you fit 16 rows in it. Civil? We had a radiator shop in our old bodyshop and not once do I recall calling a supplier ordering a four core replacement. I'm not the only shop who is perplexed by this. Big difference between rims and wheels and the tires that are installed on them. Same as referrring to value as color in the art field. Surely I'm not the only on who paints and welds nearly everyday. I'm only 56 and surely do not consider myself a god. Good luck boys.

I don't care what those uneducated sales sites state. You want me to believe those ads? Maybe I should start to question all info on CRG.  Most do not even describe the brake components correctly. So you are saying I am a moron. How old are you and do you do this everyday including bodywork, custom fabwork and custom paint? What are your demands to work in a resto shop unsupervised? Start to finish? Doubtful most on this site are qualified to command top dollar and work in a shop. I guarantee you never worked in a radiator shop.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 01:20:33 AM »
Maybe I should start to question all info on CRG.

No one's twisting your arm here. If you don't like the site, don't frequent. It's just that simple. But since you're such an expert, maybe you should start your own site.

And maybe you should have read the link I posted above before going off on your tangent.

For 1969, all small block radiator cores were 21-inches wide and all big block cores were 23-inches wide. On 1969 small-block engines, adding V01 or AC increased the size of the radiator core from 2-rows to 3-rows. Addition of AC to 1969 big-block engines increased the number of radiator core rows from 3 to 4 and added a curved inlet neck in order clear the 1969 AC components. 1969 COPO 427's (see CRG COPO Research Report) also used this same curved-neck 396/AC 4-row core radiator - eliminating the need for the assembly plant to stock a straight-neck 4-core in 69.

Yes, there are a few places in the report that state core, like the very last sentence that says "4-core", but the rest states "2 row", "3 row" and "4 row" cores.

Take a chill pill man. There are far worse things in the world you can get your panties in a wad about.

Ed

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 01:35:58 AM »
Hows this?

Learning more and more about less and less...

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 02:10:45 AM »
Considering I started this thread, and appreciate all the feedback, and think we would be lost without CRG, but will say this.

CRG uses rows to describe radiators in their tables.
There was a mix of folks saying rows and cores.

The reality is cores being same value as row number has been used incorrectly according to Dewitts, a very reputable radiator house.

I myself believe in their definition, its the core that is what sits between the tanks.  It is made up of rows.

It is good to point out corrections to a 'free' website, but there is no reason to get upset doing so.  I am a novice compared to the camaro guys I know that have had or have yenkos and COPOs, and when they saw my car when I got it years ago, they said it had a COPO radiator.  Today I would rather call it a 4 row curved neck. No reason anyone should get upset.  I myself transitioned to rows in the balance of my info in this thread, like CRG defines it per the tables.
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 02:54:11 PM »
If nothing else, this presents a great vocabulary lesson for folks.  Word of the day:  pedantry (pedantic).  As someone who leans pedantic myself (I'm the guy who loves to give people a hard time over wrongly abbreviating 1967 as 67', e.g.), it's a good time for us to reflect on what could be a new word and a brilliant real-world display of what pedantic looks like.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

rocco376

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2022, 03:27:32 PM »
Let's say Happy Thanksgiving to each other and move on.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2022, 04:08:53 PM »
Since there's nothing else to be said here, I'll lock the thread and let Kurt decide if he wants to unlock it or not.

Ed

anything