Author Topic: Harrison air conditioner decal on evaporator box  (Read 1358 times)

RAS68

• View Profile
Harrison air conditioner decal on evaporator box
« on: September 29, 2022, 09:45:09 PM »
I have 1968 L34 with factory A/C. On the evaporator box there is supposed to be a blue and silver decal or sticker. I always thought it went on the evaporator box just behind the expansion valve on the engine side. But recently I saw pictures of a "correctly restored" 68 L35 with factory A/C and the silver and blue Harrison sticker was applied to the top of the evaporator case on the outboard portion. Can the experts here at CRG tell me which is the correct location? My old sticker ( that I applied many years ago) is coming off and I want to replace it and put it in the right spot.
Thanks in advance

Allen
'68 SS L34 07C NOR

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Harrison air conditioner decal on evaporator box
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 12:32:51 AM »
Granted I’m speaking about 69’s but all the ones I have seen are in the location you mention..  Heres the one from old 69.  Not saying the location of the one you mentioned isn’t the original location for that car but not the norm from what I’ve personally witnessed.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 12:39:19 AM »
That’s where mine is on my 68;my engine being a straight 6.

Pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 01:15:22 AM »
From the 1967/1968 Camaro Legends Judging Manual - The evaporator assembly mounts to the firewall using black phosphate sheet metal screws with floating washer and black phosphate stamped sheet metal nuts. The evaporator box is a natural unpainted material similar to the taillight housings. There is an aluminum Harrison tag attached to the face of the evaporator. 

RAS68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 02:15:46 PM »
Thanks guys for the prompt and informative replies. That's what I thought but I wanted to be double sure before I put the new one on. This CRG Forum is great!!!

Allen
'68 SS L34 07C NOR