Author Topic: Air Cleaner spacer?  (Read 1478 times)

Henry Cloutier

• View Profile
Air Cleaner spacer?
« on: September 29, 2022, 12:15:19 AM »

Hi you all,
I'm confused... I went to replace the cowl induction seal and the lip to secure it was pointed the wrong direction. So I grabbed the AIM and figured out the Camaro Central guys had it inside out. I flipped it around and also noticed in the diagram there is a spacer between the air cleaner base and the flat flange where the seal is mounted. Is this spacer supposed to be on this car?

Thanks and best regards,

Hank

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Air Cleaner spacer?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 01:23:39 AM »
302 and L48 350 used an extension between the air cleaner and flange. Each is unique to the application.

Big blocks did not use an extension.
Learning more and more about less and less...

Henry Cloutier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 11:09:46 AM »

Makes perfect sense now. Thank you for the clarification! I'll get the correct one ordered.

Hank

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 11:10:13 AM »
"I went to replace the cowl induction seal and the lip to secure it was pointed the wrong direction. So I grabbed the AIM and figured out the Camaro Central guys had it inside out. I flipped it around and also noticed in the diagram there is a spacer between the air cleaner base and the flat flange where the seal is mounted."

If I got a dime for every upside-down Cowl Induction seal I saw in the past 30 yrs, I'd be a millionaire.

anything