Author Topic: "Classic Car" Body shops in the Temecula/Murrieta area?  (Read 4612 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
"Classic Car" Body shops in the Temecula/Murrieta area?
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »
Guys my daughter was in a slight fender bender a few weeks ago (she got rear ended), and the insurance company body shops won't touch the car. I guess if they can't unbolt the damaged panel and bolt in a new one, they won't touch it! I actually got pissed at one guy and asked him if he even knew what a hammer and dolly was!! He wasn't amused...

Anyway, the car (1969 Corvair Convertible) didn't receive much damage (they were only going 20-25 MPH), but the rear bumper got tweeked and the lower rear body panel got pushed in a bit, so it needs to be hammered back out. Nothing major at all.

Anyone know of any good "classic car" body shops in or around the Temecula/Murrieta (California) area?

Thanks
Ed

Flowjoe

• View Profile
Re: "Classic Car" Body shops in the Temecula/Murrieta area?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
It is a little farther south but I have had good luck with TIm's Body and Paint in Escondido.  They will touch older cars, get plenty in the shop, and fixed my '69 Z after it got tagged in '03 (yellow lacquer paint from 1990 that they had to try and match....came out pretty well).  He fixed my '02 Mini nad my '99 F-350 (all after other people ran into me).  He's been in business for a long time.  Escondido plating is a good source for redoing the bumper...fast turn around, reasonable rates and family owned.  LMK if you need contact info

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: "Classic Car" Body shops in the Temecula/Murrieta area?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:01:01 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I think I've found a guy locally, but if it doesn't work out, I'll give Tim a call.

Ed