Author Topic: 1967 Front Windshield Replacement -- Tips, Advice, Best Parts, Etc.  (Read 1351 times)

67L48

• View Profile
I have a cracked front windshield.  It's the original glass on the car, so it's sad to see it go.  I'd like to stay as close to factory-correct as possible.  The original markings read:
Shaded
Soft-Ray
SAFETY [shield with LOF diagonally down-right) PLATE
AS1             YA
LAMINATED
M4

I have the A02 tinted windshield option ([1] W on the cowl tag).

So, I have a couple of questions about replacement:

1)  Where should I get new glass?  Best places? Part numbers?  Sources to avoid?

2)  I've never replaced glass before and have no glass-handling tools.  Is this a DIY job or should I be taking it to a shop?

3)  What else should I order?  Seals, gaskets, trim, felt. lubricant, silicone, etc.?

4)  What else am I missing?  What are the the things that fit the "I don't know what I don't know" part of this job?

Thanks.

[BTW, I am familiar with the CRG report on windshield.  So, I don't need the reference or help decoding the YA date code.  Thanks.]

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

Chuck-68-Cam

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Front Windshield Replacement -- Tips, Advice, Best Parts, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 11:43:58 PM »
Not sure if this will help you (Location) but I saw this on eBay today and thought of your post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125269604070?hash=item1d2aa676e6:g:WFgAAOSwzUViX3Ow

Chuck

68 Camaro SST 350/TH400

169INDY

• View Profile
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 02:18:03 PM »
Link

https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/gm-glass
Thanks, Jim.  Do you have personal experience working with ECS?

Also, is this glass tinted (soft ray) or just clear glass?  I couldn't tell.  I'll reach out to them, either way, but was just wondering if you had any more insight on the vendor and products they sold.

Thanks for the tip.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

x66 714

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 03:02:30 PM »
Link

Link

Also, is this glass tinted (soft ray) or just clear glass?  I couldn't tell.  I'll reach out to them, either way, but was just wondering if you had any more insight on the vendor and products they sold.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the tip.

My windshield came from them. I'm happy with it although it's off shore. It is thinner which required extra when setting it so the molding would sit where they should be. I send them a picture of the LOF logo with what I needed for a date code & they did all that. It comes boxed real well. I'm still working off all the bubble wrap that it was shipped in :)
Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981