Author Topic: 1968 L48 Valve cover question  (Read 1392 times)

Rustynut

• View Profile
1968 L48 Valve cover question
« on: August 02, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »
I just purchased a beautifully restored period correct air cleaner and valve covers. I also purchased mew valave covers (not yet installd) Attached you will see my right (passenger side) and left valve covers that are presently on the car. The right side obviously needs the proper hose that goes to air cleaner. What and where can I purchase this hose and clamps etc? The left side's hose requires a new grommet. Are these special or can I get one at local parts store?
Thanks in advance

Rustynut

• View Profile
Re: 1968 L48 Valve cover question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:01:50 AM »
After I posted, I noticed my grammer error. How do I edit post??
Its supposed to read
I just purchased a beautifully restored period correct air cleaner and valve covers. Attached you will see my valve covers that are presently on the car. The right side obviously needs the proper hose that goes to air cleaner. What and where can I purchase this hose and clamps and whatever else? The left side's hose requires a new grommet (mine leaks). Are these special or can I get one at local parts store?
Thanks in advance

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:21:12 AM »
Everything you need is available in aftermarket. I've attached the L30 sheet from the AIM for the driver side (see below) which is the same as the L48, and the LF7 sheet from the AIM for the passenger side (also below). You can get the parts from most of the Camaro vendors but I like THE TRUCK AND CAR SHOP because their prices are very reasonable and they have very good customer service. (Scroll down to page 211)

Note that you shouldn't have an oil fill cap on the valve cover. The oil was filled through the tube at the front of the intake manifold.

Ed

Rustynut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 01:34:29 AM »
Thank you sir

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 01:37:32 AM »
These aren't the greatest pictures but you should be able to get the idea. Ignore some of the incorrect stuff and just concentrate on the valve covers!!

Ed

Rustynut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 01:56:22 AM »
Thanks again!!!

anything