Author Topic: seat belt colors in '69  (Read 6182 times)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
seat belt colors in '69
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
Do STD interiors in other than black and white receive black belts or color keyed belts as a default belt?  Do convertibles differ from coupes?  Does it differ from LA to NOR?  or at various times during production?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: seat belt colors in '69
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:28 AM »
All standard interiors got black belts with plastic buckles, and so did Deluxe interiors. Deluxe belts were a stand-alone option all unto themselves, and weren't included in any other interior package.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:57:47 AM »
All standard interiors got black belts with plastic buckles, and so did Deluxe interiors. Deluxe belts were a stand-alone option all unto themselves, and weren't included in any other interior package.
Thanks John,

I knew that DeLuxe belts were a stand alone.  So if I am interpreting you correctly , all STD interiors, regardless of color, received black belts.  So that a blue STD interior, for example, would receive black STD belts and not blue STD belts (STD = plastic covered buckles)...the only way to receive color keyed belts (i.e. blue belts in a blue interiro, red belts in a red interior) would be to order DLX belts...do I have it right?

I have seen a number of STD belts that are color keyed, would  I be correct in assuming that these are not factory and are modified and installed by an owner?

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 02:51:39 AM »
Thanks John,

I knew that DeLuxe belts were a stand alone.  So if I am interpreting you correctly , all STD interiors, regardless of color, received black belts.  So that a blue STD interior, for example, would receive black STD belts and not blue STD belts (STD = plastic covered buckles)...the only way to receive color keyed belts (i.e. blue belts in a blue interiro, red belts in a red interior) would be to order DLX belts...do I have it right?

I have seen a number of STD belts that are color keyed, would  I be correct in assuming that these are not factory and are modified and installed by an owner?

Wow you must have been reading my mind I was going to post the same type of questions but it was for 67 models. Hope to find out what is correct. Thanks for doing all the hard work.

Mike

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 03:27:01 AM »
It's not quite that simple. My seatbelt report is way on the back burner, but here's the 69 colors:

Trim Code          Seat Belt Color   
Color       Standard   Deluxe   Standard   Deluxe

Black           711   712, 713    Black   Black
Blue            715   716           Blue   Blue
Red             718   719           Black   Red
Med Green   721   722           Lt Green   Light Green
Dark Green   723   725           Black   Green
Parchment    727   729           Black   Black
Orange/Yellow HT  720, 714    Black   Black
Kurt S
CRG

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »
It's not quite that simple. My seatbelt report is way on the back burner, but here's the 69 colors:

Trim Code          Seat Belt Color   
Color       Standard   Deluxe   Standard   Deluxe

Black           711   712, 713    Black   Black
Blue            715   716           Blue   Blue
Red             718   719           Black   Red
Med Green   721   722           Lt Green   Light Green
Dark Green   723   725           Black   Green
Parchment    727   729           Black   Black
Orange/Yellow HT  720, 714    Black   Black

Thanks Kurt,
Based on what you know so far, is the above an "always" scenario? no exceptions? no color keyed belts for red or daark green interiors?  I have a a 63K mile '69 coupe (purchased from original owner) that I don't think was here when you visited, with 721 interior and lt green belts so I can at least add a data point to your list.

How does this compare to '67 and '68?

anything