Author Topic: Viewing site form tablet and phone.  (Read 3134 times)

Chuck-68-Cam

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
Viewing site form tablet and phone.
« on: July 30, 2022, 03:42:36 PM »
I was wondering if anyone would know why I can not get to site on my Android phone (Pixel 6 Pro) my android tablet and my Kindle Fire. I can hit the landing page no issues, but as soon as I click on forums i get the forbidden message talking about page no being secure with bad certificates. Any idea?
Chuck

68 Camaro SST 350/TH400

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Viewing site form tablet and phone.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 04:27:18 PM »
I have a Samsung S20 and I don't have any problems. I just go through Google.

Ed

1967butternut

• View Profile
    • MemphisGuru.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 07:24:52 PM »
I was wondering if anyone would know why I can not get to site on my Android phone (Pixel 6 Pro) my android tablet and my Kindle Fire. I can hit the landing page no issues, but as soon as I click on forums i get the forbidden message talking about page no being secure with bad certificates. Any idea?

The problem is the Camaros.org pages are loaded insecurely. Used to be that using a security certificate was optional and usually only done on sites processing credit cards. Now it is required by all browsers. Each mobile device, and phone handles non-secure pages in various ways, but they get tighter all the time.

If you look at the address of these pages they start with http:// (unsecure) when they need to start with https:// .

This site was originally built when that didn't matter as much, but unless you allow the unsecure pages on your device (if it's possible) the pages won't load properly.

On a large old site it is a lot of work to fix but it can be done.
Damon
My 1967 Z21 Pictorial History
The Memphis Guru, a web guy you can talk to.
www.MemphisGuru.com

Chuck-68-Cam

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 01:41:24 AM »
Yea, that all sounds about right. I tried every setting on my phone and pretty much set it to wide open, and was still getting the error. That is I posted here to see if it was just me, the site or the phone. Guess it's the phone. I will find out if there is a way...lol

Thanks
Chuck

68 Camaro SST 350/TH400

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 01:23:26 PM »
I get a 403 error on my iPhone running its native Safari browser.  No issues on any of my PCs, but my mobile devices cannot ever access the forums.  Regular CRG pages are OK, just not the forum section.  I have not done an exhaustive settings trial & error, as I don't want to and literally no other site I visit has a problem with my settings.  Definitely a YMMV situation, it would appear.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

anything