Author Topic: 1967 Power Top Hydraulic Line Routing  (Read 3631 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Power Top Hydraulic Line Routing
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »
Thanks for nothing Fisher Body…🫣🫣

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 08:59:58 PM »
Pulled the side panel out as far as could with the time I had. My lines haven’t been disconnected so, I would feel safe in saying they’re routed this way from day 1. Both lines definitely go UNDER the the brace. Same as the pacer.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:09:32 PM by David K »

67stripper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 01:27:41 AM »
Looks like you have a really nice car David. I owned a Grotto Blue 1968 big block coupe with bright blue deluxe interior for many years. It really was unique but hard to sell back in the late 1980s when I tried to sell it. Today not an issue.

Interesting that the photo you attached of the manual top mechanism does not have the brace. Do you think the brace is unique to power top cars or just missing from the photo in the manual?

My Camaro convertible is butternut yellow with a parchment and black interior and white top. L30 (327/275) with console automatic. Numbers matching drive line.  I bought it in May 1978 from a lady who I believe may have been the original owner. I don't have the documentation you do. I have the warranty book but the POP has been torn out. The previous owner is fairly high profile in the local area so I've been meaning to try and contact her to get some history, but just never have. I should do this soon as she is getting up there in age now, although she had a daughter who also drove the car at the time I purchased it so she might be able to help.

Like you I have purchased various parts and options and installed them over the years.

My car was sold new in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada and spent time in southern California as there was a California college sticker on the windshield when I bought it. Unusual to be build in November and delivered to Lethbridge in the winter. But, does kind of fit with the college student theme.

67stripper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 01:28:59 AM »
Thanks for the photos of the line routing. Much appreciated. Sure looks like the same as the Pacer.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 02:10:15 AM »
Your car-being a Canadian import makes your documentation easier. I don’t know the process, but all of the documents of origin are available for you. I’ll see if i can find the thread or make contact to someone who knows more.
Found it! Read this! Repost what you find out.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=18359.msg176018#msg176018

67stripper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 03:29:33 AM »
I purchased the GM of Canada documentation package back in 1999. Nice package. Well worth the time and fee. Part of the package is a list of all the factory options on the car.

The car was produced at Norwood on November 11, 1966 (Remembrance Dad) and shipped on November 15, 1966 to Beny Chev Olds Ltd, Lethbridge AB. This correlates with the Fisher Body tag date of 11B.

All of the dated parts I've checked on the car predate production by various periods and seem correct. The only part that I could find that was replaced was the starter. It is a rebuilt high torque from a Pontiac.

The most rare option on this car is A85, Frt Seat Shldr Harness Deluxe. I've only seen one other 1967 convertible with this option and it did not have the belts anymore, just the side trim clip holders.

One thing that is neat about the GM of Canada documentation is that it states how many of the model of car queried were imported to Canada. In 1967 there were 1,325 model 12467 convertibles produced for sale in Canada. Not very many. Six cylinders were probably much less.

67stripper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 03:35:16 AM »
When I purchased my package I dealt with GM of Canada Vintage Services directly. I believe that now the process is contracted out to a private contractor but is still available. When I purchased mine I called them and the contact checked the VIN and confirmed it was a Canadian car and the records were available. At that point you could decide whether you wanted to pay for the package. If you wanted to get the package you paid by credit card and the package came in the mail a few weeks later. I'm not sure of the specific process now.

67stripper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 04:27:14 AM »
Here is a link to the 1968 SS that I bought in the early 1980s from the original owner.

https://legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1968-chevrolet-camaro-ss-396-1413.aspx

Great car. I drove this daily during the 1980s

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 05:25:09 AM »
Nice car!