Author Topic: Huge Muscle Car Stash Found...  (Read 8811 times)

zegret

• View Profile
Huge Muscle Car Stash Found...
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:27:14 PM »
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default.aspx?tabid=525&articleid=1528&articlemid=1524#1524Articles

Anybody hear about this guy or read this article?  Unfreakinbelieveable!  I wonder how much he paid for all of those trailers full of cars?  He is sure to make a mint on this little find!  Wish I could get my hands on a stash like that, or at least on of the cars found in these vaults.  Like, say, maybe a Yenko Camaro with 45,000 miles.  I'm not asking too much am I?  :P

Huge muscle car stash found!
By Angelo Van Bogart
Larry Fisette had no idea whether he was buying King Tut’s tomb or Al Capone’s vault when he agreed to buy 21 trailers said to be full of Corvettes and Chevrolet muscle cars and parts. Luckily, all of the rumors he had heard whispered around his northeast Wisconsin home turned out to be more true than he ever dreamed.

So far, Fisette, a De Pere, Wisconsin, restorer and automotive repair shop proprietor, has opened 17 of the 21 sealed trailers one-by-one and found a Yenko Camaro with 45,000 miles; a pair of low-mileage 1970 LS-6 Chevelles; a 1972 Camaro Z/28; two 1957 Corvettes, one a fuel-injected car, the other a dual-four-barrel-equipped example; and several other Chevrolet performance cars. Filling in the space around the cars like water around pebbles is an inventory of NOS and used performance parts that would make a Nickey Chevrolet parts manager jealous, and Fisette is not done cracking trailers open. He’s also confident there’s more muscle hidden in the trailers.
1969 Coupe
1969 RS
1980 Z28
2002 SS

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: Huge Muscle Car Stash Found...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:31:18 AM »
this happened quite a while ago, he sold it off to some oher people and I haven't heard anything about it since. There was a couple camaro and one was a Yenko. Also a Yenko Chevelle. Tons and tons of parts

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:54 AM »
Amazing!

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 08:55:53 PM »
yep De Pere auto body.. the guy told me I had first dibs...called a friend to go see if he wanted to make the trip to WI in the dead of winter with me and he said " I am already going , I got first dibs" needless to say niether one of us went. Nice guy but he talked nice to everyone like they had "first dibs" on the stuff. There was even a guy who was from the area that was told by both families.. the original owner and the new owner that he would get a certain BB Camaro out of the stash and he got the shaft , feel bad for that guy
1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

zegret

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
Well that kind of sucks for that guy that got the shaft.  And sucks for the rest of us who didn't get first dibs for real!  I have heard rumors of a guy here in Texas that has a horde of Tri-5's, Vettes, Camaros, Impalas, basically anything Chevy.  Boy how I would love to get a hold of that!!!
1969 Coupe
1969 RS
1980 Z28
2002 SS

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »
There is a similar situation here is Florida not too far from where I live.  There is an old warehouse (similar to an airplane hangar) near the airport that has looked abandoned for years and is overgrown with weeds etc. The warehouse is locked up and there is a fence around the entire lot.  During the hurricane in 2005 the fence was blown over and the garage door was blown in.  I became nosy and checked it out.  Inside the hangar was about a dozen cars.  Inside was a 63 or 64 corvette convertible with a/c, a 57 bel air coupe, an old ferrari (dino 236?) as well as other old cars.  All covered in years of dust and looks as if they had not been disturbed in years.  I asked around and found out the owner is out of state and the cars are not for sale.  Some day someone will get the opprotunity to buy these cars after the owner dies and the family just wants to get rid of them.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »
It pays to be nosy and ask a lot of questions.  Last Sunday's (4-22-07) San Francisco Chronicle had an article about a guy that found 1 of 25 made 1950 Ferrari 166MM Barchettas (2-liter V12 engine) sitting in a back yard in Tucson, Arizona.  He happily paid over one million dollars for it!  After getting it home and doing some research he found out the car had run at such famous races as Le Mans, Silverstone, & Targa Florio.  The car had even been raced by Juan Manuel Fangio.  Yes, that Fangio.   8)

Paul    

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
Here it is

1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

anything