Author Topic: Power steering pump bracket  (Read 3830 times)

emanuelK

• View Profile
Power steering pump bracket
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
I'm on my way to install power steering. I purchased a box from a -69 camaro and the pump is from a newer car (I think a 1975).
Pump fixation is on the long waterpump as described on this image: http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs114&d=07162&f=PSP_x.jpg

The problem is I dont know what kind of bracket to use on the right side. I read somewhere this bracket shall be fixed together with the exhaust manifold, but I'm not sure.
Anybody having a clue what to use and if possible provide an image what this bracket may look like??

Thanks /Emanuel

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: Power steering pump bracket
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:02:48 AM »
Emanuel,

The attached two pics show 2 of the 3 brackets for '69 SB.  One bracket attaches to the exh manifold.  A second bracket attaches to the front of the pump and also connects to the bracket attached to the exh manifold for belt tension adjustment.  There is a third bracket under the pump which doesn't show in these two pics.  Hope this helps.

In your picture, you have the bracket under the pump and the bracket that attaches to the front of the pump.  You need the bracket that attaches between the first exh manifold bold and the motor mount.  It is  available in the aftermarket.

Also, if you have a '69 Assembly Manual, look at RPO N40 in the back.

Richard
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:13:23 AM by rich69rs »
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

emanuelK

• View Profile
Re: Power steering pump bracket
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
I'll try to get the correct brackets. It's nice to have it visual this way. Thank's /Emanuel

anything