Author Topic: Ricks Camaro-Make A Wish Contribution  (Read 946 times)

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Ricks Camaro-Make A Wish Contribution
« on: April 16, 2022, 11:13:40 PM »
Rick’s a good guy from the the few times I’ve met him.  Many moons ago in 1995 when he owned the business, my Camaro club (Mid Atlantic) did a Make A Wish project for a teenager with terminal brain cancer. Rick arrranged for us to receive “Same day shipping”at Reagan Airport in DC. It was a literal pickup bed -8ft bed— full of stuff-on the tarmac. He didn’t have to do it, but he made it happen. Everything was in stock and in the order. $3500 or more of parts.  If I remember correctly, there were some extra parts tossed in somehow. Kind of like….”Gonna need this or these anyway while you’re there ”. And it wasn’t just him, there were a lot of others involved. From the local Chevy dealer body shop, hi end stereo install, new glass, upholstery and more. We beat Garage Squad to it by 20 years. Looking for pictures but can’t find any. Apparently not everything is on the internet.

The link is below to the only article I found on the web.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1995/02/26/a-dream-roars-to-life-for-teen-cancer-victim/6a9f3c54-a6f9-41a8-b58f-eaecb91bbc96/

maroman

• View Profile
Re: Ricks Camaro-Make A Wish Contribution
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 11:38:17 PM »
Good for ALL of those involved. I was part of a build for a young hotrodder from Canada named Andy. He also had a brain tumor. One was removed through his mouth from the base of his neck, it was lemon sized. He got to drive the car but not long enough.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new