Author Topic: Rare Tuxedo black/Orange houndstooth Z/28  (Read 6467 times)

Canadian Z/28

• View Profile
Re: Rare Tuxedo black/Orange houndstooth Z/28
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »
Good morning Kurt, you are correct! Neither the drivetrain or the trim tag are original to the car. The owner was up front about the history of the car when he sold it to me. I too passed along everything I knew about the car when I sold it. Every car has history and this tuxedo black Z/28 is no different. Neither of these made a difference to me as the car was essentially original and very solid. Where was the car listed for sale 11 years ago? Do you recall? Maybe that would be a good place for me to start my search. Thank you again for everyone’s help!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 04:22:32 PM »
I don't remember where it was listed, just that it was in ON.
Kurt S
CRG

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 06:27:46 PM »
So the Canadian docs support the color combo?? Or was the tag changed to support the color combo?
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2022, 07:32:26 PM »
Try posting on lost muscle cars on facebook.  In my case the second owner was looking for a car I recently bought, and a friend spotted this and said some guy is looking for that car (only had 2 weeks).  I would have never known unless my friend did not spot it.  Maybe try that.  I see someone from BC is looking for a black 67 z/28.  So folks from Canada are posting there. good luck. 

When I put in z/28 on the search for that site, my car was at the top as the most recent connection made.

https://www.facebook.com/page/678670182240973/search/?q=camaro%20z%2F28
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 09:16:51 PM »
Yes, the docs support the colors.
Kurt S
CRG

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 10:06:32 PM »
Yes, the docs support the colors.

Wow, thats a cool color combo.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

Canadian Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2022, 02:09:36 AM »
Thank you all for the support. I am going to try Facebook and any other means necessary to find my old car. I have met so many wonderful people through this hobby and I am grateful for everyone’s efforts!

Gars68Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2022, 07:35:06 AM »
Wow, good thing it's a Canadian car! Sorry, I can't help but wonder why the tag was replaced?  ???
Garth

68 RS L30 AA 749 Fred Gibb Chevrolet

Canadian Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
I spoke with the original owner many years ago and if memory serves me correct he said it was removed during the restoration process and never found.

Canadian Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2022, 12:46:44 AM »
I have come to a dead end. I spoke with David Griffith of Legendary Motorcar yesterday and he admitted to knowing the whereabouts of my old car! Before I had a chance to get excited he informed me that he personally had sold the car to a VERY wealthy collector in the U.S. and if I wanted it back I would have to make an offer. I asked him what a reasonable price would be and he simply said that I called him and it was up to me to make a substantial offer which he would then take to the owner. He would not share the name or whereabouts of the car and was very rude when I asked for his assistance. I thanked him and apologized for wasting his time. End of conversation and my dream. 🥲

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2022, 05:20:21 AM »
 = he wants a slice of that transaction...
Kurt S
CRG

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »
Tell him you would have to see car in person to make any offer!

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2022, 02:18:17 PM »
David Griffith knows where the car is and wants to make some cash.  You might get to the owner with offering David a finders fee.  Just depends on how bad you want to meet the current owner.

Probably cheaper to pay a private investigator to find it. 

I paid a PI to find the previous owner of my car and he did it. I already had the persons name from the previous registration.  Don't remember the cost but I felt it was reasonable.  Turns out in my case the previous owner was still pissed about loosing the car (forced sale) and he said he "could not remember anything" about any questions I had.  He seemed to think I was rubbing it in his face or something.  Really????  What a jerk.  OH WELL.

Canadian Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2022, 11:50:35 AM »
When David finally called me back after five attempts to reach him I explained what I was looking for and asked him if he had consigned the car on behalf of the gentleman I sold it to. David explained to me that he did not consign the car, that he had purchased it and many others from the same gentleman it was easier that way! I then told him how much the car meant to me and offered to pay him his standard commission at which time he asked me what was I willing to pay. I asked him for his guidance as to what he felt the car was worth? He did not offer any help whatsoever and said that I had called him. I then asked what 1969Z 28 were selling for at this time. Again he said you called me! I again asked him for his help trying to determine what an open headlight rare colour combination 1969 Ze 28 was worth as I am not in the car business. He said that he had no idea what these types of cars were worth as he had not sold one in a long time. I then commented that they had had several on their website over the past several months and years and therefore maybe we could start their period David said look, you called me and this gentleman is a multimillionaire who has a extensive collection and is in no need of selling any of the cartons. I begged him for his help and when he said there was nothing he could do to help me and was not willing to reach out to this gentleman unless I was willing to write a check for an exorbitant amount  I told them that I suppose there is no way I will ever on the car again!

Z282NV

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2022, 01:53:10 PM »
If you are serious on getting the car back, maybe you can put a finders fee out there on Facebook or hire a investigator as Stingr69 suggested. I am sure someone out there knows who this millionaire is besides Mr.Griffith. If that is even a true story on not.
Joe
69 Camaro

anything