Author Topic: 1967 Camaro wiring info needed for power to PW, car also has PT  (Read 1368 times)

Butternut1967

• View Profile
Hello, I'm restoring a 67 convertible, doing the wiring with new harnesses from American Autowire. I have the power top working correctly and the 30 amp breaker on the firewall. All factory parts.
I have the power windows set up as in all wired at switches, motors, circuit breaker under dash driver's side. There is a 3 prong harness connector that plugs into the breaker.
This leaves empty 2 spades from the breaker unaccounted for wiring.
I'm guessing the under dash breaker needs to get power  (?) from somewhere and I need an accessory harness.
I have looked everywhere for information without success.
Any help would be appreciated
1967 Camaro RS/SS Convertible 11A WXDL 2ELGR 3SL 4P 5Y
Rebuilding of 1967 RS headlight motors

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Camaro wiring info needed for power to PW, car also has PT
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 01:14:22 AM »
Can you upload what you’re trying to plug in and where?

Butternut1967

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 05:13:37 AM »
I found the aftermarket breaker from the parts supply store was too generic. Original only had 3 prong connectors on it. I followed the wiring diagram. 1 has 12 volt power, 1 feeds the power windows, 1 has power when ignition is switched on. The power from the 30 amp breaker on the firewall splits into 2 power feeds. One for the power top. One for power windows. The power top switch functions without the ignition on and the power windows require ignition on to make the windows function. Probably a safety feature. Problem solved. Incorrect aftermarket relay. Thanks
1967 Camaro RS/SS Convertible 11A WXDL 2ELGR 3SL 4P 5Y
Rebuilding of 1967 RS headlight motors

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 04:38:51 PM »
No pictures? :(

anything