Author Topic: list of GM parts still produced  (Read 6288 times)

GIBSTER

• View Profile
list of GM parts still produced
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:34:04 AM »
I was just wondering, does anyone have a list of parts, or is there a book that shows what parts are still available from GM ?

fiveforty

• View Profile
Re: list of GM parts still produced
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »
www.gmpartsdirect.com they are not connected to GM at all but everything they seem to list you can still get from GM. I always call my Chevy dealey just to check on something. Last week i called looking for a turbo 400 dipstick tube for a 69 BB Camaro and asked to see what he could do, he called me back and said still available so I said get me 2 at $11 each. 

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 07:29:39 PM »
GMpartsdirect.com is a Chevy dealer - Flow Chevrolet in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

GIBSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:34:35 PM »
Thats what I was looking for, every time I go to my local dealer It's hit or miss, most times miss.

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 03:31:30 AM »
Modern Chevrolet (Classic Muscle) does a pretty good job on available Camaro parts. Great prices too.
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
Here's the site for Modern's Classic Muscle:
http://www.oldmusclecars.com/
Ask for Bill.  He's always been very helpful.
The ownership of Modern is in the Fowler family. We're lucky here in this part of NC to have two long-established, family owned dealership groups (Flow and Fowler) that are interested in servicing parts for classic GM cars.

BTW, the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center will send you a listing of suppliers as a part of their past model information.  It includes an overview of GM's Licensing Program, a list of Licensees and a state by state list of Specialty Shops/Suppliers, as well as other helpful information and lists for restoration.  Those lists are not exhaustive and apparently reflect some sort of direct relationship with GM.  For example, there's no mention of Jerry's books or CRG...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:24:20 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

GaryL

• Marilyn and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
Here's the site for Modern's Classic Muscle:
http://www.oldmusclecars.com/
Ask for Bill.  He's always been very helpful.
The ownership of Modern is in the Fowler family. We're lucky here in this part of NC to have two long-established, family owned dealership groups (Flow and Fowler) that are interested in servicing parts for classic GM cars.

BTW, the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center will send you a listing of suppliers as a part of their past model information.  It includes an overview of GM's Licensing Program, a list of Licensees and a state by state list of Specialty Shops/Suppliers, as well as other helpful information and lists for restoration.  Those lists are not exhaustive and apparently reflect some sort of direct relationship with GM.  For example, there's no mention of Jerry's books or CRG...

I always deal with Keith. ;)
Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.