Author Topic: Silver '69 Z/28 on Bring a Trailer  (Read 7314 times)

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Silver '69 Z/28 on Bring a Trailer
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2022, 10:39:10 PM »
I feel this still holds true today.

http://www.camaros.org/aboutcrg.shtml

I have no dog in the fight but understanding what and why CRG did and still does is important.  As Bryon stated this is not meant to be public knowledge of personal information on vehicles.  It’s not always cut and dry as you are making it out Austin.  The processes and the anomalies from these cars being built is the core purpose for the website and group.  I have zero issues with the folks that are the key holders to the database not wanting just anyone to have full reign on all the cars in said db as like many vehicles I have shared privately I respect the fact I can trust several of the CRG core members when I share said data.  I also do not expect nor demand info on cars when I have questions or interest in something I’m working on.  CRG does not get any financial gain from this website which was also never its intent.  In my eyes this was a passion for the hobby and the willingness to help others with the same interests.  My apologies for maybe speaking out of turn but sometimes looking at it from the other viewpoint is important. 

Z282NV

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 10:44:07 PM »
I think it's important that this CRG database exists and those have created it by either their own investigations or submissions from others that it be kept confidential. If people wanted their vehicle information known to others they would go and submit their details to one of the on line registries and get a certificate for it. For some high pedigree vehicles its all the rage to say that "my car is in the registry". To each his own.

With that being said, I also think it is important that if someone asks if a particular vehicle is already within the CRG database that a response be provided yes or no. However that does not imply that the information will be released. There is always the PM route of communication if any information can be divulged and needs to remain out of the public eye, but yet again that is to discretion of those that created and maintain this database.  I am also sure that CRG members here as well as others on this site would like to help any potential buyer of a vehicle as much as they can but you need to be able to ask the right questions. In the end it your own choice armed with what information you have obtained yourself along with any answers to the questions that you may have received from this site. I think like my drivers licence it's a privilege to be here, not a right.

Danny, I wish you well and God Bless you, don't let these posts whatever direction they may have taken distract you from what is important in life, your family!

Joe
69 Camaro

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2022, 12:20:06 AM »
From what I recall, the main reason the database was started was to collect information for research of all Camaros.
With this info and research, a lot has been discovered and shared with the public and its all written on this webpage.
So I think what they set out to do has come to fruition and we all benefit from that. So there is reciprocity. They have shared a lot of information and helped a lot of Camaro enthusiasts!
Nothing is being held back as far as I see it. I think at times with driveline stampings and cowl tags, too much info has come out and the bad guys know even more.

I totally appreciate all that the CRG has done!
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2022, 03:11:11 AM »
" I totally appreciate all that the CRG has done!" X2
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 06:42:45 AM »
The data collected was never meant to be a registry. That was decided before we even started collecting.
With the commitment to confidentiality, we were provided data that we otherwise would not obtain.
The issue comes down to a time issue. It takes time to look up every request.
Kurt S
CRG

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »
Danny,

I am sorry to hear about your cancer.  I am a cancer survivor and fully understands the hardship and stress cancer has on the family of a loved one. 

I have learned a few thinks from you and your post on CRG.  Thank you for that!

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Dave