Author Topic: Charlotte Swap Meet  (Read 10143 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Charlotte Swap Meet
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »
Not much here.  Just lots of high prices and junk for sale.  I did find a nice 9204 booster and 9E rebuildable volt reg, but that's about it.  Saw three 472 intakes but they were expensive and needed extensive work...........how about $475 for one with broken NPT holes, cracks and cut out plenum.

Weather has been beautiful.

Jerry

zzmike

• View Profile
Re: Charlotte Swap Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:47:01 PM »
Jerry, any luck finding me a set of '68 standard black door panels??  This is Mike in Arizona, the guy that sent you the AFLAC ducks.
1968 Crossram Z/28 Camaro

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:57:55 AM »
none here.

JM

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 07:09:03 AM »
Has anyone else found that good parts are getting REAL hard to find and the prices are much stronger than last year? I took two pickup loads of camaro parts I wouldn't put on a driver to a swap meet in Louisville last month and sold them all as I was unloading the truck. They never even hit the ground. These guys were standing around the truck and asking "how much" everytime I put my hands on something. It almost got ugly at times.  I replied with twice of what I thought it should bring and they handed me cash? It wasn't untill I had time to walk through the meet that I realized Camaro parts were almost non existant. From the prices I'm seeing on nice finished cars these days it might be better to sell one piece at a time. Seems everyone has a project car these days and dreams of rebuilding them for few grand over a couple sunny Sundays :)
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 04:24:32 PM »
It is without a doubt getting harder and harder to find good parts at any swap meet. We go to three large swap meets every year here in Wisconsin plus 3 others in Illinois and Minnesota. We bring a hit list to all of them and the last two years we have only found 3 items that were worth buying and putting on our 67. And our car is just a driver. I can't imagine what the people who are looking for show quality are going through.

Dave

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »
They buy repro stuff Dave! Here we have a 1967 camaro made in China. Shame ain't it? :'(

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:50:46 PM »
You are probably right Sam unfortunately. I haven't heard anything from your Wisconsin connection regarding the show in Missouri. And it may just as well be, my wife is working that weekend and I got the the grandkids for Saturday.

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
Yes, acres of junk in the swap meet...
But I did see several Camaros for sale --more than the last several years. At least that's a good sign.  But the same sad thing is happening to the cars.  It's hard to find an original car...  And a wide range in prices... There were still a few "restorable" cars under 20K, but most have climbed above 30K...  And you'll spend all most as much de-cloning them as restoring!

Jerry, at least, we did get a great start on our tan on Friday and Saturday!

Let me add how many suspicious cowl tags I saw!  What's worst, so many shade tree restorers are "polishing" what appear to be legitimate tags and even pulling them off to shine and thus messing up the rivets.  I had several folks stop by and comment to me during the AACA show on Saturday, "People will tell you all kinds of lies to sell you something!"  ... Sad, but true!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:13:22 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
I'm thinking about going to Carlisle this month but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed again. So much junk, high prices.
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

DeanZ10

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »
DID you guys see the ORIGINAL 1000 mile 69 pace car that had been in a private collection for 37 years. It was outside the track in the car corral. ONLY wanted 59,900.
Told the  guy "who was selling it for a friend" that it had a replacement block CE. and the booster was a reman with no numbers etc..etc. NO it has NEVER been apart he said. Thanks goodness all people who restore camaros do not know how to access this site LOL.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
I did look at an original 3600 mile 68 Z28 while I was down there for a cliient.

JM

drdave69

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »
Jerry, any luck finding me a set of '68 standard black door panels??  This is Mike in Arizona, the guy that sent you the AFLAC ducks.

Mike, do you work for AFLAC? Just curious because I do.

zzmike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 03:30:04 AM »
Actually, my wife does.
1968 Crossram Z/28 Camaro

anything