Author Topic: Upper Fold Down Rear Seat Stud or Bolt  (Read 1580 times)

69RALLYSPORTZ28

• View Profile
Upper Fold Down Rear Seat Stud or Bolt
« on: January 17, 2022, 06:49:52 PM »
Does anyone know of a Camaro parts supplier who sells the Stud or Bolt for the Upper Fold Down Rear Seat.
I have called Heartbeat City and Ricks Camaros and both said they do not sell this part.

Tinkerr

• View Profile
Re: Upper Fold Down Rear Seat Stud or Bolt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:05:57 PM »
Sure looks like door striker from the picture.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 07:30:44 PM »
It's the "Striker, rear folding seat back lock" and there were two part numbers, depending on the year of the car.

1968 Camaro, Corvair and Firebird used P/N 7773917 and 1969 Camaro, Corvair, Firebird and Oldsmobile used P/N 8745525. Don't ask me what the differences were!

I don't believe anyone is reproducing these so you'd have to find someone with a junk folding seat to see if they still have the striker they may want to sell.

Ed

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:18:23 PM »
If desperate aka unavailable & not a Judged Car, that Stud-Fastener could be Machined and Made locally.
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 06:57:06 PM »
Sure looks like door striker from the picture.

Yeah - I think you're right.  Can't see GM making something for such a low volume option.  But that's logical.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 07:32:24 PM »
Just for fun I went out and measured the length of my folding seat striker and compared that to the length of my door striker. The door striker is 1.25" in length and the folding seat striker is 1.5" in length so unfortunately, they're not interchangeable. However, if you can find a door striker that's 1.5" in length, I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Ed

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 09:08:45 PM »
I've read "mixed" opinions, but having one with this option is actually pretty nice. Years ago, can't remember where we trailered to, but for whatever reason the wife and I threw our suit cases back there. Nice fit.

They were on to something, really wouldn't be years later until mainstream, in everything.

As far as your part, and Indy's words ring so true 👍, may be one of those compromises.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

anything